Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Intrepid retrofit TL 4300k philips

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both projectors are stock, not colour modded or foreground on the TL.
The intrepid beam is on the right side of the pics, the 300m is on the left. The 300m is a 2003 special owned by Shaun
- osram ballasts 35W
- 4300k osram d1s
- stock fresnel 2.5 inch lowbeam projectors by VALEO
- aimed at beyond ECE standards (4 inch drop)

The intrepid is a 2002 intrepid sxt owned by Linuxglobal.
- philips lvq/hella gen 3 ballasts 35W
- 4300k phillips d2s
- stock fresnel 3 inch bixenon projectors by Stanley (aka TL)
- aimed at ECE standards (3 inch drop)

Beam Comparisons

approx 20 feet

One Tl covered up

Closer (approx 8-10 feet)

Thank you for looking,
Ciprian

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
car owners cant vote LOL>.... just to keep it fair. Shaun has hid fogs as well which ill be retrofitting to projector for a better output pattern. Ill have pics of those as well once they are done.

The special is very nice on the road and u cant really tell the difference, the ballasts take forever to warm up, otherwise it was a pretty clean match. The 300m with a clear lens would have an improved cutoff with plenty of colour. Thats Shauns upcoming mod i guess.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
. From my observations :
Valeo has better foreground close to the car (this is due to the bumper interfering in the beam of the SXT)
Tl get's the intensity prize but it was a close one.
TL looks sharper, but I have seen sharper beams on 300m's than that so we'll call it a tie. Same applies to color as well, something is wrong with those 300M lenses, maybe too much oxidation.
Tl wins the wider beam challenge.
Overall I would call it a tie. Cip get's an E for Effort (or is it an A ?? :avid: )
BTW there is no doubt about the superiority of TL units over Valeo units but we are only judging the actual applications , for anyone who's looking to challenge my observations.

Next time find a darker spot with a flat wall and call me for personal protection if needed. :fun_74:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TERMINATOR101CA said:
. From my observations :
Valeo has better foreground close to the car (this is due to the bumper interfering in the beam of the SXT)
Tl get's the intensity prize but it was a close one.
TL looks sharper, but I have seen sharper beams on 300m's than that so we'll call it a tie. Same applies to color as well, something is wrong with those 300M lenses, maybe too much oxidation.
Tl wins the wider beam challenge.
Overall I would call it a tie. Cip get's an E for Effort (or is it an A ?? :avid: )
BTW there is no doubt about the superiority of TL units over Valeo units but we are only judging the actual applications , for anyone who's looking to challenge my observations.

Next time find a darker spot with a flat wall and call me for personal protection if needed. :fun_74:

we did a road test.... Shaun admited the Tls are wider and brighter LOL, the TLs also have colour flicker which the valeo do no have,,, its more like a thicker colour area, as if the lens was sorta fuzzy.

You have to get u here sometime Denis to compare with the ECEs.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same surface... i think my TLs are using actually older bulbs since the 300m looks a bit yellower than mine. The valeo lens seems to have a lot of glare and the lens looks as if it has condensation on the inside of the projector lens.

In real life glare was an issue for sure and hence no colour flicker on the M.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IS300M said:
And I dont think they take for ever either:
They take a good 30-40 seconds LOL.... longer than the hella gen 3... you cant really tell from ur vid since the camera will auto focus, plus its not a beam shot, i know bcs the ms were really dim for a while until they warmed up and then thats when the pics were taken.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was thinking that the surface that you took your shot against ahd the one that IS did his against are different, and could possibly cause the cutoff to be different than that on Shauns car, but condensation could also do the trick.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just came across this pic for those who wanted to swap out their valeos in the 300m with the tsx.

Tsx on right, TL on the left. BOth stock setup(tl = fresnel lens, tsx = clear lens). I guess we'll have to see how the clear lens acts on the valeo. In any case the clear valeo should outperform the stock 300m DOT valeo.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the left projector does not look like it has a foreground limiter on it, does it?

The 300M has a Foreground limiter

Without the foreground limiter it looks brighter close up and it is, but because its brighter closer to your eyes, the pupils in your eyes are constricted. With constricted pupils you cannot see as far or see things that are dark.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
IS300M said:
the left projector does not look like it has a foreground limiter on it, does it?

The 300M has a Foreground limiter

Without the foreground limiter it looks brighter close up and it is, but because its brighter closer to your eyes, the pupils in your eyes are constricted. With constricted pupils you cannot see as far or see things that are dark.
Come on is300m, you think i dont know that??? Its not even my pic, i got it from haknslash. Its just a cool comparison.

The pics above are of a foreground modded TL (not mine) and the TSx has some sort of limiter as well but its not as intense, in any case the TL is still dimmer a bit but brighter than the TSX.

BTW the foreground limitation is not present in all projectors and does not have the same effect as it does on the TL, any other projector will not get dimmer (ie sc430, valeos). The valeo limiter isnt even noticeable on the road, its just a faded region and dimmer in front of the car, no cutoff on the foreground. If you mod ur valeo foreground ull see that it wont get any dimmer, it just doesnt function that way.

You're an hidplanet member u should know that.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
linuxglobal said:
Come on is300m, you think i dont know that??? Its not even my pic, i got it from haknslash. Its just a cool comparison.

The pics above are of a foreground modded TL (not mine) and the TSx has some sort of limiter as well but its not as intense, in any case the TL is still dimmer a bit but brighter than the TSX.

BTW the foreground limitation is not present in all projectors and does not have the same effect as it does on the TL, any other projector will not get dimmer (ie sc430, valeos). The valeo limiter isnt even noticeable on the road, its just a faded region and dimmer in front of the car, no cutoff on the foreground. If you mod ur valeo foreground ull see that it wont get any dimmer, it just doesnt function that way.

You're an hidplanet member u should know that.
My reply wasnt a hit at you, just more of information being provided for the HID newbs on this site.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
its not noticeable like this...

notice how its pitch black in the limited area.. unlike the valeo... thats what i was referring to. Valeos and other limited units do not feel the loss of a foreground limiter as you would expect.

i dont really car so i wont argue with you but if i had a valeo unit i wouldnt worry about removing the foreground, just a tad more light, wont even affect output.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
linuxglobal said:
its not noticeable like this...

notice how its pitch black in the limited area.. unlike the valeo... thats what i was referring to. Valeos and other limited units do not feel the loss of a foreground limiter as you would expect.

i dont really car so i wont argue with you but if i had a valeo unit i wouldnt worry about removing the foreground, just a tad more light, wont even affect output.
If you could pull your canadian head out of your canadian ass and maybe get a brain put in the empty canadian head, you would have understood that I was talking about foreground limited projectors(no matter what brand) VS non foreground limited projectors(no matter what brand).

Never once did I mention Valeo (I meantioned that the 300M special had a foreground limiter thats all).

Then I made a general observation about pupil constriction due to bright light being closer to the driver(kinda like if you dim your dash lights at night, your headlights seem brighter).

Now that its said, Im sorry for calling you names and hope we can be friends :gross_07:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i think ure going overboard with this bud... i just told u above i dont care, i just threw it out there, after all it is my thread.

BTW I dont mind u calling me a stupid canadain <<<< ---- Sarcasm..Just think a few seconds before you type and it might help.

Before you call people stupid be sure you know what ure talking about, because u are wrong first of all and you have no experience in this field at all. General statements mean nothing, specific examples cannot be used to define your general point. Foreground limited doesnt always yield a brighter output or less strain on the eyes, now a clear lens would but then again im sure you knew that as well.

Anyways :beat: you're just blowing this thing out of proportion, you could have just ignored the pic but noooo....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
IS300M said:
If you could pull your canadian head out of your canadian ass and maybe get a brain put in the empty canadian head, you would have understood that I was talking about foreground limited projectors(no matter what brand) VS non foreground limited projectors(no matter what brand).
I think those comments are totally uncalled for, there is better ways of getting your point across then calling people names. You can expect something like this from a newbie but not from a senior member like yourself.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Unreal said:
I think those comments are totally uncalled for, there is better ways of getting your point across then calling people names. You can expect something like this from a newbie but not from a senior member like yourself.
I was just upset at that moment because he took what I said and skipped over the point I was trying to get across, so he could get across a little self ego-inflating about how he is the HID master.

I apolgize to any canadians that I offended.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts