DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had my mechanic look into these and he found out that the ballasts that come with the kit will put a serious draw on the alternator/electrical system. The ballasts are some sort of convertor that ups the voltage to near household current, not to mention I don't think the factory wiring harnesses will be able to stand the power possibly resulting in a fire. I didn't do them because the warnings and what could possibly happen (fire) are greater than the benefits. I upgraded all my bulbs to PIAA's and I'm happy with those.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Before the ballasts the draw is only 35 watts, the ballasts jump the power to fire the bulbs. The kit clearly states to remove a 10 amp fuse from the fuse block and replace with a 20 amp or you will consistently blow the fuse (gee-will the factory wiring catch first or will the 20 amp fuse blow)? It also clearly states that if involved in a front end collision you must immediately turn off the lights so someone doesn't get electrocuted by the open bulbs and you must make sure the car is running before you turn the lights on. I've got the kit sitting in my basement and after reading all the warnings and what could possibly happen I said "screw it". I'll send the instructions to someone if they want to display them here and then people can decide for themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.