DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the new fog design for the 300m special.

Let me know what u think guys, they are completely enclosed and aimable as stock fogs... they are actually 3000k HID powered in an h3 capsule with h3 hella fogs similar to my trep. These were done up for Shaun's Special.

Lit up

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mill1978 said:
How much to do my specail's fog lamps?
PM me for detailed work order on these guys.

They are actually pretty labour intensive due to the size. Shaun is really lucky because he lives near me otherwise it would be very difficult to get the correct measurments of the area they need to fit into.

Im actually not sure if i want to do another set, i can sell u a kit to do it yourself with all of the parts if you feel up for it. The DIY kit is 65$ USD + shipping. (still needs glues)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luisa said:
what kind of glues Linux? JB WELD Kwik?, or regular stuff?, or...
- jb weld reg
- jb weld quick
- rtv silicone gasket maker
- clear silicone

~ 40$ CAN of glues in total but you will have glue left over for sure.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stock aiming screw, longer on the M... aiming is all stock

projector capsule (not just the lens) the original M reflector was basically discarted, no reflective area was kept. The back of the projector was made to accept h3 easier than original which was a pain with screws instead of a clip.

They are hella/optilux projectors made for h3 bulbs with a d2s like h3 3000k bulb. Orientation of the bulb is changed but the results are pretty decent.

THose h3c bulbs are awesome but hard to find and have a life of 900 hrs... which isnt that appealing plus they put out less lumens (scuba H3) not sure about the Japanese h3c which may be kept at 35W. The traditional H3c was 21W.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
qp_20 said:
Damn I thought that maybe you made a new aiming screw. That would fix my main problem with my fog lights. Who the hell uses graphite as a material for a screw???
my trep had metal screws but a graphite/plastic end.. .same as the 300m style fog.

Graphite is heat resistant unlike most plastics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
linuxglobal said:
stock aiming screw, longer on the M... aiming is all stock

projector capsule (not just the lens) the original M reflector was basically discarted, no reflective area was kept. The back of the projector was made to accept h3 easier than original which was a pain with screws instead of a clip.

They are hella/optilux projectors made for h3 bulbs with a d2s like h3 3000k bulb. Orientation of the bulb is changed but the results are pretty decent.

THose h3c bulbs are awesome but hard to find and have a life of 900 hrs... which isnt that appealing plus they put out less lumens (scuba H3) not sure about the Japanese h3c which may be kept at 35W. The traditional H3c was 21W.

so wait, only 900 hours of bulb life? I leave my foglights on ALL the damn time(love how it looks)

not enough for me unless.... how much are the h3 hid bulbs themselves

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ruffy said:
so wait, only 900 hours of bulb life? I leave my foglights on ALL the damn time(love how it looks)

not enough for me unless.... how much are the h3 hid bulbs themselves
IT generally depends, an hid bulb is rated at 3000hrs,, a halogen bulb is rated at 300hrs but h3 last a lot less than 300hrs thats for sure.

There are various deals going around, i think ebay sells h3 replacement HID bulbs alone for about 59-79$ USD.

The h3c is being sold on ebay in all colours now for 110USD + ship.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
some updates.. i finally got around to finishing up the back end of the housings. They had to be made from lexan and then urathane sealed to prevent any moisture.

The coat of black silicone makes it look really dirty but the lexan boxes were smooth before the seal.

I just need to contact shaun so he can pick them up, the 300m also has a nice setup where the fogs have even less room than the treps behind the housing so we'll see if they fit (its the driver's side that causes problems, the trep is backwards).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts