DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
hahah junk.

its like me saying my car is a Ferrari cuz its red LOL not even a shade of Ferrari red.

Stay away from painted bulbs, they are crap.

Get an hid kit at the bare minimum or a retro (which is what i do on the forum), but thats high up there.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hahah junk.

its like me saying my car is a Ferrari cuz its red LOL not even a shade of Ferrari red.

Stay away from painted bulbs, they are crap.

Get an hid kit at the bare minimum or a retro (which is what i do on the forum), but thats high up there.
They DO suck. They look OK for about a month. This is why the harness for the bulbs in my Mazda melted. They exceed the max. wattage you can use w/those wires.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya because they wire them backwards like morons.

stock
low = 45W
high = 65W

stupid blue bulbs
low = 65W
high = 45W

They do that so ure like OMG look how bright they are >>>"DAMN !!! HID BLUE BULBS FTW !!!" ya right..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Get an hid kit at the bare minimum or a retro (which is what i do on the forum), but thats high up there. QUOTE]

So can you get me a kit for my 1st Gen Trep? What would the price on something like that be?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got them anyway, i kno, i kno:banghead:
but there way better than stock:flipa: lol
here's pic,anyway i'll be getting true HID'S in a couple of days

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Get an hid kit at the bare minimum or a retro (which is what i do on the forum), but thats high up there. QUOTE]

So can you get me a kit for my 1st Gen Trep? What would the price on something like that be?
hid kit or retro? i can do both.

Honestly ebay has brought in some seriously low prices on hid kits. Quality must be garbage but its much lower than what i have access to. Give them a try for kits, for retros contact me (PM).

·
Registered
26 Posts
As long as this thread is up. Can you experts make a recommendation on replacing the front headlamps on my 95 intrepid? The driverside cover is cloudly and yellow looking, So I guess I need a complete replacement? If I'm going down that road, I get brighter ones, but I don't know anything about that topic.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
As long as this thread is up. Can you experts make a recommendation on replacing the front headlamps on my 95 intrepid? The driverside cover is cloudly and yellow looking, So I guess I need a complete replacement? If I'm going down that road, I get brighter ones, but I don't know anything about that topic.
ebay has them for about $60 a pair. I saw a thread the other day that had a listing for some pretty neat blackout look.

As for the original post those lights are garbage; I have a pair in the trunk floating around. They weren't listed as HID but were the same bulb and they werent even as bright as the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ebay has them for about $60 a pair. I saw a thread the other day that had a listing for some pretty neat blackout look.

As for the original post those lights are garbage; I have a pair in the trunk floating around. They weren't listed as HID but were the same bulb and they werent even as bright as the stock bulbs.
they also dont last as long as stocks, life is like 20-50 hrs max.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to be dense, but can you be more specific about exactly the name, make or model number of the light type? Plus, where is a good place to get the replacement lens.

·
Registered
299 Posts

This is my first post in a very long time, but where can I find some real HID's with ballasts n all? Or rather whats real on eBay and what should I steer clear of?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
anything should be good.

Hid kits are kits. The only thing the price will do is give you more life out of them.

I got these samples from a china manufacturer, they are slim hid kit ballasts and i took them apart to see if they are reliable for long term use and if i should stock them.

China still has the same problem.
WATERPROOFING = useless.
They use a basic silicone like glue that looks like potting mix but isnt the real thing.
Keep that mind, be careful where you mount them. These tiny ones are very thin so i even considered mounting them inside the headlight with some access for replacement But in general assume they are not waterproof because water will get in through their so called water proofing.

I used to sell kits on here but my supplier is simply too expensive, hence i dont feel its right to even mention it. Ebay will do the trick, just expect terrible customer service, if they are cheap enough just get another when they break, dont even worry about warranty, they will ask some ridiculous shipping rates.

Good luck

·
Registered
299 Posts
anything should be good.

Hid kits are kits. The only thing the price will do is give you more life out of them.

I got these samples from a china manufacturer, they are slim hid kit ballasts and i took them apart to see if they are reliable for long term use and if i should stock them.

China still has the same problem.
WATERPROOFING = useless.
They use a basic silicone like glue that looks like potting mix but isnt the real thing.
Keep that mind, be careful where you mount them. These tiny ones are very thin so i even considered mounting them inside the headlight with some access for replacement But in general assume they are not waterproof because water will get in through their so called water proofing.

I used to sell kits on here but my supplier is simply too expensive, hence i dont feel its right to even mention it. Ebay will do the trick, just expect terrible customer service, if they are cheap enough just get another when they break, dont even worry about warranty, they will ask some ridiculous shipping rates.

Good luck
Thax brosive

1 - 20 of 41 Posts