DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a lot of trial and error and great help from a member here (Thanks Steph!), I finally have finished retrofitting real HID projectors into my stock headlights. I think I'm the 2nd member to do so? Here's a few pics. I'm also considering selling this pair as I'm looking to buy a charger. PM me if you're interested. Please keep in mind the cost of materials and my time to complete these.

Stock

Projectors

Up Close

All buttoned up

Dat Cutoff! - Still needs some slight adjustment

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its looking good. How did you end up sealing the back of the light?
I don't have a picture of it, but when I did the cutting with the dremel, I make sure not to cut the outside of the housing. That way I can reuse the rubber grommets that were on it factory. They fit snug and there was no gaps on the back. Any other little areas were covered with silicon for a water tight seal.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man, after having these on here for a few days I can confidently say these were the best mod I ever did to the car. I adjusted the cut off a bit and these projectors just light up the road ahead of me. There's such a sharp cutoff that I'm not blinding anyone else and plus they look cool as hell! With 55W 5K bulbs from DDM Tuning, they match my 5K white VLED switchbacks perfectly!

Since I'm selling the car though, these are for sale if anyone is interested. They are my first pair without any prior practice so I'm not going to be crazy on my asking price, but if you want to buy them, please shoot me an offer in a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts