DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody use this brand? I found this and thought it looked pretty nice. Pretty good price for the power they say it puts out. I've got 1 12 in. ID max in a sealed (soon to be ported) box and i think this would go well with it's power levels. Opinions on brand and setup appreciated :).

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah, I heard they were pretty solid amps for the price.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Personaly I'm a Hifonics junkie, was the first amp I purchased and have been happy with thier amps............... Always gotten alot for a little and have had the amp take a licking and keep on ticking.

·
Registered
260 Posts
love my hifonics amp!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent guys, thanks :)

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
phil h said:
hifonics overrates there amps by a little but if u can handle it getting a little less then advertised they are pretty reliable from my experience. i am assuming that there specs are based off 14.4 volt systems not your average 12.2 volt system.
Actually the "standard" is to measure output at 14.4v as when the alternator is actually turning an electrical system is much closer to 14v than 12v...

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Back in the day(10 years ago), Hifonics used to be the sh*t. I don't know anymore because apparently a lot of quality products from that time are crappy now.

Doesn't Hifonics name their amps after greek mythology or something. I think they used to

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes they do..I don't think the one i linked to was one of those but it looks like a good amp and i want it :p lol thanks for all the opinions :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hifonics is definitely good equipment.

Don't know much about the titans though. Anything Hercules and up is fantastic!! They now have 3KW, 4KW, and 5KW STRAPPABLE amps :biggthump But those are sick expensive, lots of handmade parts in there.

But anyway, yea, hifonics makes some nice stuff :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts