DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 ES 3.5.

This post has nothing to do with repairs. However, it does attest to the realibilty of our vehicles.

On Monday I drove from Northeastern Ohio to Indianapolis, Indiana.

On Tuesday I drove from Indianapolis to Northeastern Ohio via Orrville, Ohio.

On Wednesday I drove from Northeastern Ohio to South Bend, Indiana.

On Thursday I was coming back from South Bend and made as far as Toledo, Ohio and was redirected to Blytheville, Arkansas. I only made it far as Effingham, Illinois that day.

On Friday I continued to Blytheville.

On Saturday I left Blytheville and made as far as Louisville, Kentucky.

On Sunday I continued from Louisville to Northeastern Ohio.

The total mileage for the week was 2,862.

I went thru $255.70 worth of fuel.

I averaged 25 miles per gallon. It should be noted that my CEL light was on for the entire trip. My EGR is bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i drove from saukville,WI to laramie,WY for a little over or under not sure which for a $150 at about 1100miles and 14hrs and my car does not run the best. :boink:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Paul G., That your total mileage in your avatar pic, or no?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That picture is me crossing 500,000km. This is a CHRYSLER Intrepid so odometer is in km. I currently have 540,000km which is 335,540 miles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ahh. Sexy. Reminds me of my first car... 1982 Volvo DL Wagon... Finally sold it at 475k miles, still got $500 for it...thing was unstoppable..had to climb in through the windows cuz the doors didnt work.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Not to knock your thread and your Intrepid has obviously stood the test of time.

You seem to do alot of long trips which would involve highway miles. I feel that's easier on a car than a short trip car.

Our 94 sees alot of short trips. Wife's work to our house is 4 kms. We have 180,000kms and while it's amazing to see big numbers on our odometers. Especially when everyone tells us our LH cars are crap.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
jfsram said:
Not to knock your thread and your Intrepid has obviously stood the test of time.

You seem to do alot of long trips which would involve highway miles. I feel that's easier on a car than a short trip car.

Our 94 sees alot of short trips. Wife's work to our house is 4 kms. We have 180,000kms and while it's amazing to see big numbers on our odometers. Especially when everyone tells us our LH cars are crap.
Agreed! My car with 133k hwy miles is probably in better shape than the same 40k mile short distance driver IMHO!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Atta' boy !!

Mine's an '02 and I've got nearly 240,000kms and climbing. Runs like new.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, most (95%) of my miles are highway. I average 1,000 miles per week. This was an exceptional week for company miles. By the way, I was paid $.445 per mile for that trip. That's $1,273.59 and it cost me $255.70 in gas. That' $1,017.89 profit. I will have to do an oil change, but that's a minor expense.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
5 (long) days, Seattle to Boston, pier to pier (waters edge to waters edge) all on I90/94. Stopped for burgers, gas, and sleep. 27+ mpg with the cruise control on.

J

·
0 Posts
Yea. My mechanic friends, my body shop guy, my neighbor, my collegues at work, the transmission shop that did my tranny 50K miles ago, they all tell me (when I see them around town): "You still driving that Chrysler? Man - that **** is crap, get yourself a Ford Chevy or a Toyota. [It will] Last you longer.."
I tell them usually:

"Yea, you keep talking, I keep driving.."

1993, all stock, runs like new.

·
Registered
106 Posts
170,000 mile 1992 dodge dynasty with the 3.3

I usually drive 600 miles roundtrip from college to home and back. I've done it... around 8-10 times so far this year? And i average around 22 mpg on the highway. Dont wanna know what the city milage is....

Time to look for those 2.0 final drive gears!

·
Registered
106 Posts
JE.Electronics said:
Yea. My mechanic friends, my body shop guy, my neighbor, my collegues at work, the transmission shop that did my tranny 50K miles ago, they all tell me (when I see them around town): "You still driving that Chrysler? Man - that **** is crap, get yourself a Ford Chevy or a Toyota. [It will] Last you longer.."
I tell them usually:

"Yea, you keep talking, I keep driving.."

1993, all stock, runs like new.
You dont know how familiar that sounds to me. Everyone tells me ditch that old crappy car for a new one. My aunt that told me that already had her car in for repairs more than 5 times, and my room mate that told me that recently had his tranny crap out on him. I let the car talk, not me :) :auto_07: it just keeps on rollin

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim....My mileage is 335,540. Driving to Marion, OH tomorrow. Only 360 miles round trip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my 94 es is just over 140,xxxkms, i've put 17,000kms in 2 years and MOST of it has been in town and the last year i have been working delivery(ouch for the car) I've also done a lot of stupid things in the car which im VERY sure has aided the trannies death.. but a big part of it was when my mom owned it chrysler did a tune up(oils and such) check they put tranny oil in, my mom went to go and well it didn't..turns out the fools neglected to put any tranny fluid in it at all - just bone dry and it's a wonder how they got it out of the garage...

·
Registered
296 Posts
i now have 229,000kms on my 93 3.3, mostly city driving since i have owned it not sure it it was city or highway for the last owner. it had 157,000 when i bought it.
still going strong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts