DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have satellite internet at home and i only get 1600 down and 200 up. I live in the middle of nowhere and can only get that. My friend lives a ways down the road right where the cable stops so he has that and gets 10,000 down and 1,500 up. They wont run the cable another mile. :icon_cry:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah well the speeds i posted are on a good day. Nice clear sky. One day though it was clear out and my internet was down. Called them and found out that there was a huge storm over texas and it was knocking out one of there main satillites. I use Wildblue.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I live in the middle of nowhere and can only get that. My friend lives a ways down the road right where the cable stops so he has that and gets 10,000 down and 1,500 up. They wont run the cable another mile. :icon_cry:
Sounds almost exactly like us. If we go down about 2-3 mile, they have cable. They say we won't get it because there aren't enough homes on our road! Again, they're full of it as there are enough people interested. We have even petitioned for it and sent out flyers on a regular basis. Satellite might be better than a modem, but it better be clear skies or you might as well not even have internet!

I use Wildblue.
Same here!

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's way beyond a T1...t1 is only 187KB up/down (1500kbps).

21000kbps is most likely a fractional T3, maybe split between your school and a nearby university or something.

I would kill for pipes like that :)

·
Registered
193 Posts

work connection sucks... my home one isnt much better... damn desert

this would be my home connection...I miss germany... 12mbps DSL for 30 bucks...

lol... now this is amazing... it says for the second test it says im around 100 miles away from el paso while the college is only around 50... thats great and all, but I only live 2 miles away from campus...
and how come I got over 4mb for downloadwhen all I have is a crappy 3mb cable line (the fastest line available in this hole)... something is off

·
Registered
68 Posts

This is on my laptop with wireless dsl. Though its not the best; Im happy with it. It's good for me because Im not a gaming person. I refuse to get cable through local cable company (Mediacom).

·
Registered
192 Posts

Thats the fastest DSL they offer is 3meg and i'm just short thats a normal reading for me i run the test all the time. As for your college its probably whats known as Internet 2 big colleges and the Government have it us common folk cant get that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts