DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car up to get some new tires put on the front, stopped off at a local retailer on the way home, I come out and my passenger side is all dented in. Some kid comes up to me and says, "Some old lady in a purple car hit the side of your car then sped away." Of course I try to get more information but the kid doesn't know anything else. Of course the retailer doesn't have any cameras so now I'm screwed. Luckily the damage is to bad and is contained on both the passenger doors. Both doors open and close and the window still works normally. Insurance deductible is $750 so I'm not even sure if it's worth making the claims. I have a parts car so I'm tempted to just swap the doors out. The parts car is white and mine is gold, but my car needs a paint job anyways. I also called one of the local salvage yards and they have two gold doors available for $175 each. What would you guys do?

Attachments

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,476 Posts
OOooff that sucks sorry bro. Crazy old bag

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What a bitc*... I just had my front end fixed cause of an accident at the end of august and on Halloween came out of the store to find my bumper scuffed to hell and pushed up over the headlight.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
This sounds kind of iffy, but if you did claim it to your insurance you could do the work yourself like you already are you could essentially get paid for the materials and effort you are putting into it. Just like a shop would get paid to fix it as well. Well... It comes with upped insurance prices as well I would assume. Just a thought!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
What a bitc*... I just had my front end fixed cause of an accident at the end of august and on Halloween came out of the store to find my bumper scuffed to hell and pushed up over the headlight.
Pics.... This I have to see. And let me guess, this was you: :banana029::wtf::banghead::angrymob: , all at once?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
This sounds kind of iffy, but if you did claim it to your insurance you could do the work yourself like you already are you could essentially get paid for the materials and effort you are putting into it. Just like a shop would get paid to fix it as well. Well... It comes with upped insurance prices as well I would assume. Just a thought!
I like this idea, plus if it is claimed by her insurance, it helps to have it in your company's databases.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking about just selling both cars, I work 3 jobs and I just don't have the time to do all the stuff to the car that I want/need to do. Plus the woman is getting tired of looking at the parts car in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
I'd do exactly what @95intrepid says, with emphasis on talking to the insurance company about it. You might not go through with the claim, but you should still get a report done. Hope you are able to find some down time to get around to it mate. 3 jobs ain't easy!
Check the date of the OP. :)

Having said that, I see a risk of the ins. co. raising rates simply because they consider any damage as an indication that the vehicle owner is accident prone (even though not his/her fault). I think different states have different laws on if ins. cos. are allowed to raise rates because of damage not your fault. I had an ins. co. raise my rates when I did damage to my car by going to the shoulder and hitting a mailbox rather than having a head-on collision at 110 mph closing speed due an oncoming car being smack dead in my lane and that driver accepting total fault. Crazy world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts