DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking to upgrade my stereo but would like alittle advice before i spend a couple grand on this stuff.

first i have a Pioneer - DEHP860MP now i want to run the front and back speakers with jl audio as their repuatation speaks for it self. the front i am looking at a Component set i am wondering would it be better to go with Components in the back to as i plan on running a 4 channel amp for the fronts and back and a 2 channel for the box. im looking for bass but i want the crystal clear clarity in other words a well balanced system. any ideas or advice would great and appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Code2medic said:
Hey guys im looking to upgrade my stereo but would like alittle advice before i spend a couple grand on this stuff.

first i have a Pioneer - DEHP860MP now i want to run the front and back speakers with jl audio as their repuatation speaks for it self. the front i am looking at a Component set i am wondering would it be better to go with Components in the back to as i plan on running a 4 channel amp for the fronts and back and a 2 channel for the box. im looking for bass but i want the crystal clear clarity in other words a well balanced system. any ideas or advice would great and appreciated.

That should all make for a nice system.

The idea of component speakers is to allow optimal positioning of the speakers to create the best sound possible. Up front you have a wide variety of options to install these individual drivers. In the rear you are limited. Ideally you would have all the speakers on axis to your listening position, but that is not realistic in the automotive enviorment.

If your not looking for a "competition level SQ" vehicle, and want to save a few dollars, dont go with components in the rear. A decent coaxial of your ears likeing will do fine! 4 speakers systems have a wonderful advantage over a "front stage" vehicle in that they can create a nice ambience and more percieved volume of the upper frequencies, and alot of folks like that.

The installation of component sets in the rear is just not realistic. i have installed component sets on plates to fill the factory locations in the rear and ws always disapointed with the results, sure, they sounded ok, but not like they would if they were properly mounted up front. The rear glass "scatters" the sound rendering the quality and imaging useless for the most part.

So to sum it up, a nice set of "rear fill" coaxial speakers is the way too go in my opinion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Viking said:
That should all make for a nice system.

The idea of component speakers is to allow optimal positioning of the speakers to create the best sound possible. Up front you have a wide variety of options to install these individual drivers. In the rear you are limited. Ideally you would have all the speakers on axis to your listening position, but that is not realistic in the automotive enviorment.

If your not looking for a "competition level SQ" vehicle, and want to save a few dollars, dont go with components in the rear. A decent coaxial of your ears likeing will do fine! 4 speakers systems have a wonderful advantage over a "front stage" vehicle in that they can create a nice ambience and more percieved volume of the upper frequencies, and alot of folks like that.

The installation of component sets in the rear is just not realistic. i have installed component sets on plates to fill the factory locations in the rear and ws always disapointed with the results, sure, they sounded ok, but not like they would if they were properly mounted up front. The rear glass "scatters" the sound rendering the quality and imaging useless for the most part.

So to sum it up, a nice set of "rear fill" coaxial speakers is the way too go in my opinion.
hes def right abotu the coaxil, Id argue agaisnt doing a rear fill though, but all preference at that piont.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm after looking now the decision of if i should go jl audio or the kappas series im leaning towards the jl but......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts