DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.7 which blew on me (big suprise) and it used to govern out at 110 and then shut down till I hit about 80, then I got a new 2.7 motor and swapped it with the blown one. Now it gets to about 117-118 but not quite 120 and doesnt shut down to 80 anymore. Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
You must have swapped out the computers,too.You have the higher rated speed limiter programming..Lucky you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Vertigo_AK47 said:
I have a 2.7 which blew on me (big suprise) and it used to govern out at 110 and then shut down till I hit about 80, then I got a new 2.7 motor and swapped it with the blown one. Now it gets to about 117-118 but not quite 120 and doesnt shut down to 80 anymore. Just curious.

hopefully i get the same thing when i swap out my motor...everyone bashes this engine, but for the size it is, and the size of the motor..it is fairly quick

im ready the hear the **** ill get from you people with the 3.2/3.5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
dabirdzR/T said:
only **** i am going to give you is you better update your damn sig with the pictures of the paint.
:tomato:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
trepsrule said:
......im ready the hear the **** ill get from you people with the 3.2/3.5

dabirdzR/T said:
only **** i am going to give you is you better update your damn sig with the pictures of the paint.
:tomato:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
damn, the governor wouldn't give you throttle until you were down to 80?!? that seems kinda dangerous, my governor stops me at 108 but I get throttle back once I get back down to 100
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
If it killed the engine until you slowed down 30 mph I think something had to have been wrong with it. Mine is pretty much like Apcsox’s, and cuts out at 108 and then comes back at about 105.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top