DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From NASCAR.com
Q: What's your role been in the development of the new, 2005 Dodge racecar?

Evernham: Actually, Evernham Motorsports leads the development program for Dodge. We have a Dodge R&D space in-house, with separate engineers and separate fabricators, and they did the 2005 car for Dodge right in-house.

We did work with Petty Enterprises and some of the other teams on it. We did all the wind tunnel and track testing and did the presentation to NASCAR; so we kind of led that program much like we did with the 2001 Dodge.

Q: The new car, I understand, will be somewhat similar to the current Intrepid racecar. Are you enthused about it?

Evernham: I really am. I think there are going to be some exciting announcements coming from Dodge around the marketing of this car. They're planning a big launch around the Daytona 500.

It's going to be exciting and I think very much like our return in 2001.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
dodgeguy said:
From NASCAR.com
They're planning a big launch around the Daytona 500.

:elefant: :elefant: :fun_06: :worthless

·
Registered
2 Posts
What Dodge Car does nascar use?

need to know what dodge uses in the nextel cup for nascar racing my friend says that it is the stratus r/t but i still think it is the intrepid r/t although they stopped making the intrepid. so your input would be great

CoolBoarderjon :brutal_46

dodgeguy said:
From NASCAR.com
Q: What's your role been in the development of the new, 2005 Dodge racecar?

Evernham: Actually, Evernham Motorsports leads the development program for Dodge. We have a Dodge R&D space in-house, with separate engineers and separate fabricators, and they did the 2005 car for Dodge right in-house.

We did work with Petty Enterprises and some of the other teams on it. We did all the wind tunnel and track testing and did the presentation to NASCAR; so we kind of led that program much like we did with the 2001 Dodge.

Q: The new car, I understand, will be somewhat similar to the current Intrepid racecar. Are you enthused about it?

Evernham: I really am. I think there are going to be some exciting announcements coming from Dodge around the marketing of this car. They're planning a big launch around the Daytona 500.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CoolBoarderjon said:
So what Dodge Car do u think they are using now????
There you go the Intrepid until 2005.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Well the grille will probably resemble the new Charger but I don't think with Nascar's
aero rules the body will change too much. Tailight decals will look like the Charger, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dodge uses the Intrepid body style in Nascar. Nascar rules say you can use a body style up to three years after the factory stops producing it. This should be bigger news than what it is. Back when Chevy went from the Lumina to the Monte Carlo and Ford went from the T-Bird to the Taurus it got a lot of news but all you hear from the third rate anouncers is Dale Jr and Tony Stewart and anyone who ever gets into them should be banned fron Nascar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts