DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking about this and wanted to find out if it is possible to do or not. I am looking for an OTIS or an EVIC to put in my car right...well I seem to be finding alot more of them with the sunroof controls. I don't have a sunroof. Could the controls for the sunroof be used for something else, say interior lighting (LEDS...cathodes...whatever)? Just wondering if that possible.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You could build your own switchbox and mount it in the housing. I know for a fact we have project boxes at RadioShack that would work for that. You just have to know how to wire them into whatever product you wanted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
One way I think you could make use of the existing momentary switches is to use relays to make two latching circuits - 'open' for one circuit, 'vent' for another circuit and 'close' to reset them both, for example.

'atlanta35' recently posted this link to a momentary to constant circuit in another thread.

There is also a 'Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse' circuit lower on the page that would allow you to control 3 things, but it starts to get even crazier with relays to the point where it would be better to use IC's or transistors, or replace the switches as was suggested.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just did a mod on mine this weekend. It came out very nice and didn't cost anything. I used one of the switches from the maplight lamp assy I pulled, used the cover from the sunroof switch lined with reflective foil for my lamp box, used the lamp and wiring from the maplight assy, and part of the lens from one of the lamps. Colored the lens inside with magic marker. I was thinking of posting a "how to mod" to share this, but don't know where, and besides, I thought I had this wonderful original Idea, and you've beat me in posting about it. :handonhip Anyway, good luck on your project. Beats staring at useless switches :biggthump

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Treppenwolf said:
I just did a mod on mine this weekend. It came out very nice and didn't cost anything. I used one of the switches from the maplight lamp assy I pulled, used the cover from the sunroof switch lined with reflective foil for my lamp box, used the lamp and wiring from the maplight assy, and part of the lens from one of the lamps. Colored the lens inside with magic marker. I was thinking of posting a "how to mod" to share this, but don't know where, and besides, I thought I had this wonderful original Idea, and you've beat me in posting about it. :handonhip Anyway, good luck on your project. Beats staring at useless switches :biggthump
:worthless put up some pics man.....that way I can get yet another idea. I am full of ideas but getting them accomplished are slow going.

·
Registered
479 Posts
silver&gold said:
:worthless put up some pics man.....that way I can get yet another idea. I am full of ideas but getting them accomplished are slow going.
Sorry, I have no camera, and even if I did, my 1947 modelA computer wouldn't support it. :( ... Someday maybe, if I quit spendin' money on this silly car... (sigh)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
silver&gold said:
I got to thinking about this and wanted to find out if it is possible to do or not. I am looking for an OTIS or an EVIC to put in my car right...well I seem to be finding alot more of them with the sunroof controls. I don't have a sunroof. Could the controls for the sunroof be used for something else, say interior lighting (LEDS...cathodes...whatever)? Just wondering if that possible.
I posted the same idea when everyone was trying to see if there is a way to have all the windos have auto down feature. Thats why i bought the otis with the sunroof feature, although i dont have a sunroof. If you figure anything out let me know, because im still working on it... :thinking:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interpretblurple said:
I posted the same idea when everyone was trying to see if there is a way to have all the windos have auto down feature. Thats why i bought the otis with the sunroof feature, although i dont have a sunroof. If you figure anything out let me know, because im still working on it... :thinking:

I will kep ya in mind....

·
Registered
479 Posts
silver&gold said:
I had a friend take pics. I combined Lamp off and lamp on pics and put the pic in my gallery. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have> :hmm: Hope this inspires some ideas. :biggthump

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Treppenwolf said:
I had a friend take pics. I combined Lamp off and lamp on pics and put the pic in my gallery. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have> :hmm: Hope this inspires some ideas. :biggthump

Very nice!!!
To be honest I forgot about this thread. I will more than likely do alot of mods after tax time has come around...this being one of them :fun_74:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts