DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've gotta pull my '99s 3.2 litre for a rebuild (bad rod bearings).

I printed the relevant part of the FSM, but:

Is there some "preferred" place to attach the cherry-picker to the engine when I go to do this?

Any tips about things to watch out for?

TIA...Scott

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
THe engine isn't that heavy. I used two diagonally opposed 3/8's bolts to attach a chain to. One (I think) was driver's side exhaust mount-- but that's been atime back.
I didn't even have to pull the hood off the car!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
I take the upper plenum off and use the intake manifold bolt holes. With the plenum off, theres much more room to get to the fuel and heater lines at the rear, and the engine to trans bolts.

·
Registered
202 Posts
32Intrepid said:
I take the upper plenum off and use the intake manifold bolt holes. With the plenum off, theres much more room to get to the fuel and heater lines at the rear, and the engine to trans bolts.

I've been wondering if this would be the way to go,tomorrow I am going to start unbolting my 2.7 ;)

I now have 2 engine and tranny computers from 99 LHS's with 3.5's to try also.

Oldschool,thanks for asking,been thinking about posting this very question myself for a few days now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, the FSM does say to remove the intake plenum to avoid damage...that probably the way to go.

Thx for your input...

·
Registered
202 Posts
98_2.7TREP said:
Did you take out everything including your transmission and catalyc converters?

well yes
That engine came from a 1999 LHS I parted but I am about to pull the 2.7 from my car with as much stuff still attached to it as possible and drop in yet another 3.5 I have laying here.
If I get the time I will be taking a few more pictures of the swap as I go along.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts