DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had someone check out my sub setup in my car today and gave me some pointers........we fixed a few wiring issues I was having, and tuned the amp.

OMG I didn't think my car could be so loud. I get a massive back massage when I crank up the bass past 1/2. The guy who helped me thinks I'm hitting over 150db right now......I've never been in a competition. It's a ton louder than his Lancer with his Alpine Type-X in a huge slot ported box powered by a Kicker 1200.1.

Sometime soon I hope to hook up my 8V line driver and get the other amp hooked up too :)

I wish all this **** woulda worked for the International Meet :( It'll be pumping for Carlisle though (Kenny watch out :p)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I don't know about hitting 150 (JohnnyKo's hitting that pumping about 10 times the power and better equipment) but it's amazing the difference it can make when you wire it the right way ;) You weren't wearing that infamous helmet when you tried wiring your car, were you?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Yeah, I'm 30 and still lovin' it... I was bumping to "Poppin' my Collar" tonight before I put my car away LOL. I entered a competition about 10 years ago with the stuff I'm still running today, and I hit 133db, but that was with a P.O.S. DJ Magic Mike track I decided to use... Would like to see what I could do now, but then again, I'd like to get another 10 years out of my equipment. :D

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
Yeah, I'm 30 and still lovin' it... I was bumping to "Poppin' my Collar" tonight before I put my car away LOL. I entered a competition about 10 years ago with the stuff I'm still running today, and I hit 133db, but that was with a P.O.S. DJ Magic Mike track I decided to use... Would like to see what I could do now, but then again, I'd like to get another 10 years out of my equipment. :D
I still keep Bass Bowl in my car to this day. DJ Magic Mike is the ****.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I have to ask, what did you have wired wrong that a person could make a few adjustments that it'll make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
sound levels of 150db will cause people to pass out........

Do a google search to find how the dBa and dBb scales work.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]sound levels of 150db will cause people to pass out........

Do a google search to find how the dBa and dBb scales work.[/QUOTE]

nah ;) Just makes it a little hard to breathe depending on the frequency.

·
Registered
105 Posts
" I think its hittin in the 150's " LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it on a real meter!

I am sure its hitting better, I am not making fun of you! But dont let someone tell you what they think its doing SPL wise!

If you put that 8volt preamp into your system, you will really have to back off on the gains! Makes for a clean noise free system if done right. and you will really like it. But dont expect any more SPL out of it. Thats not what they are for. An amp will only do so much, it aint like a blower on an engine!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IDK, that's what he told me.......I honestly didn't believe it.......but it IS pretty friggin loud........shakes my hat on my head when it's not turned up :p

J

·
0 Posts
150 dB SPL is like standing in front of a cruise liner's horn.
I doubt you are hitting that.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah yeah........anyways, gotta go hook up my line driver and 2nd amp now :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts