DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just lookin around for some headlight covers online and i came across this pic.... i want this car:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah Ive seen that before, it also has tail light blackouts along with one of those things that goes on the top of the back window.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is sweet ass! I love that kamelion paint. **** is expensive as hell though. Hey Jeff, have you seen that Lebaron convertible around Mason that has that paint? I think the guy lives in Clear Lake. It's friggin tight as hell.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
there is some dude in my town who has a Corsica painted like that, car looks funny as hell. when I first saw it I thought he had alot of replacement pannels from another car, LOL. But the paint is really cool, I like the green/purple.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i've seen that Lebaron around before - its pretty nice, but if i was going to spend that kind of cash on a paintjob i'd make I would find a nicer car to do it to

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to my bro a while ago about this - the color changing paint he can get (don't remember if it was dupont or not) was like $32 per ounce and we figured about 5-6 grand total to have it painted depending on who does it for you

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
forgot to mention this - you'd also have to get any and every small dent taken out of your car cauz it'd become 200 times more apparent w/ the color changin paint

·
Registered
562 Posts
that car gives me wood :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
LHSer said:
Ahh good old DuPont Chromalusion paint. Comes in a variety of colour changing shades and costs a mere $613 a quart. :)
*pulls out wallet and chokes on dust* Hmm...I don't think any of my cars will be seeing that paint anytime soon.

BTW- wouldn't it just be a ***** if you forked out the cash for that paint and shortly thereafter someone put a ding in your door? Man, I'd pry pop an artery I'd be so pissed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
300M

That is a pretty nice color job. Just this last weekend I saw a 300M with the same faded paint, except it went from the stock tan to red. It was real nice. I've seen a couple of cars with faded paint; a 3000GT, a Mustang, and a loaner van for an auto paint shop. It was kinda silly but it definetly got noticed.

-Later, Luis

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
About a year and a half ago, I used to work for a Ford dealership, and I used to drive for the parts depeartment as well as many other departments at the mid afternoon to late evening.
I used to see one of those late model Trans ams with the ram air front with a paint job just like that, except it went from like a super dark purple, to a pink! but the contrast between the two colours was phenominal. It looked like two different colours depending if you were north or south of it etc.

Now what i'd like.. remember hot wheels? one colour when its cold? and another when its hot? Kick ass :) hehe:devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts