DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on I-10 around 2:30am this morning and I came up to an area where there were about four to six cars spread across three lanes. I see a tan Ford sedan(not sure which model) going in and out of lanes with no turn signal while we're all going about 70-75. I was about two to three car lengths behind the guy(middle lane) when I see him start to go into the fast lane(left) and come a couple feet away from nearly side-swiping the car who was in the fast lane. Next thing I know, he swirves across the middle lane about half way into the right lane, then back over to the left, then back into the middle where he finally got control. At this point, it was apparent the asshole was drunk instead of just being a shitty driver. I'm thankful I kept the distance between the two of us because I started to slow down when I saw the guy swirving considering I would have hit him from behind if I didn't. As soon as he got control of his vehicle, I jumped in the right lane slammed on the gas and got the hell away from him and kept going until I couldn't see his headlights anymore. If he would have hit the guy on the left, I would have ended up hitting one of them, and the idiot civic boy who was riding my ass behind me would have slammed into me, and the guy in the right lane who was slightly behind me would have also been involved. Drunk drivers deserve to be hanged, burned, and ripped apart toe by toe, finger by finger for being so stupid. The people who LET them drive should suffer an even worse fate. That scared the living hell out of me, especially since I had someone in the car with me.

Okay, i'm done.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I would have been on the phone with >>>>>>:auto_04:

Also i would have never passed him as its alot safer behind as you can see if hes going to crash but when they are behind you they tend to sneak up on you from out of no where.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Reminds me of the other night... I was behind a guy on the interstate. He ran 3 cars off the road and had me cussing at the state troopers. The lady on the phone acted like she didnt give a damn. SOOOO, i followed him off the exit where he ran COMPLETELY over the curb, went in the grass, back across the 4 lane highway, running oncoming traffic into a parking lot. I then called 911 again and said" I just called you earlier about a drunk driver" they AGAIN said "let me transfer you to the highway patrol" I told the lady "Cant YOU do something about it, they acted like they didnt give a damn" I then told her my location and she AGAIN said " our procedure is to transfer you to the Highway patrol" THEN MY SMART ASS SAID" Fine then, but when they do NOTHING about it, I will be there for the news cameras when he kills a family of four and name you and XX county for doing NOTHING after I reported him twice" NEEDLESS to say i had 4 county officer in route to my location and arrived in less than 10 minutes (which is a time record for a bank robbery where i live).

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
osrry code2, but in my experience, cops are useless as tits on a bull when it comes to reporting stuff.... years ago, my mom saw a mini-van with the kids jumping around in it not strapped in, she called the staties, operator didn't give a ****, said "we'll try to look into it".... on the news that night, found out the mini-van rear-ended a car and the two kids were killed on impact..... saw a woman beating her child in providence in broad daylight, called him a "stupid ****ing asshole" for stepping in a puddle, threw him against a brick building and then dragged hm into a bar, this was all of .2 miles form the Providence public safety complex, called, "yea, sure, we'll get a cruiser out there"..... I waited across the street for a half hour, no cop showed up, woman left with kid, I called back and told them three words, "thanks for nothing"... third incident, driving back down 495, saw a distressed dog panicing in the median, running on and off the highway causing a dange to traffic, called cops to ask if they could get an animal control unit out there "oh, we can't do that, we have to see the animal first"... "then send a cruiser out there to see the dog".... no cruiser was ever sent, fortunately the dog managed to get out of there.... fourth event, neighbor came and threatened my brother, walking into our driveway and threatened him with a baseball bat, call cops "oh, we can't do anything, that's heresay"... two days later, same neighbor excahnges words with brother and punches brother in face and breaks my step-dad's nose, realizes he would go to jail for agg. assault and battery, claims my brother "pulled a kinfe"... cops arrive and arrest my brother and step-dad on assault with a dealy weapon for pulling a knife.... "but the wasn't any knife"... "but we can arrest you on heresay"............... hello, anybody notice problems with these pictures?!? I'm sorry, code2, no offense or anything, but cops are useless, all I say is **** the police

·
Registered
566 Posts
Also i would have never passed him as its alot safer behind as you can see if hes going to crash but when they are behind you they tend to sneak up on you from out of no where.
That's how I try to avoid physcos, I do what I can to get in front of the dumbasses that can't control their cars, yes they could come up from behind but I don't get in front and end of story I get in front and keep putting distance between me and them. If I can't get in front and away then I let them go on by, whether that means slowing down or just right lane shifting until I'm as far as I can be from them. That's just for people who don't know how to drive not people who think they are speedracer, they can pass I don't care.

A call to the state police might have gotten a cruiser out on the look for the guy I don't know, they put up signs here and there to report aggressive driving I don't see why they wouldn't care about a drunk POS scumbag.

BTW: My experience local, cops are worthless, worse than robots in what they will and won't do or can and can't do. They'll come haul your ass in because someone else reported you did this or that and treat it like its real, probably because that makes them liable for what you do if the report is correct. I'll never understand why they'll listen to this person and not that person or vice versa it seems like they reach for the magic eight ball. :wow:

State Police/Troopers, who'm I've only encounterd a couple of times on the road were respectful, and courteous. I've encountered a few of them outside of them pulling me over and exact same thing, respectful and friendly. Local cops, outside of being pulled over or just harassed by one they can be either respectful or not, the majority of the time they were rude d!cks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts