DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was really windy in Jersey yesterday. Went grocery shopping got in the car and the right turn signal was blinking real fast. I figured the bulb had burned out. After I had unloaded the car I got in put the signal on and proceeded to check the bulbs, well I got to the front and found this!

Can you believe it?! That thing must have been moving, the light was totally shattered. I cant believe it but there no paint damage or dents on the fender or bumper. Luckily I had bought that one at the junkyard and still had the old one in the basement.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes I can. Was setting in a grocery store lot when a squal came though. Saw carts shooting across the lot going probably 30 mph. They can really get moving in the wind if it's right.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
That sucks, but at least in didn't smack the fender. If it had to hit the car, al least it did in an easily fixed area.
I'd be wondering about the shopping cart idea though. That's alot if damage for "just" a shopping cart. Could have been someone just being an @ss.

Meh,:dunno: what's done is done.

cheers

BJ:anon:

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is pretty suspicious, unless the carts were metal at that store. I thought most stores had switched to plastic by now. A plastic cart would have to have been going REALLY fast to actually shatter the light like that, and would probably have left some damage elsewhere, as well.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
looks way too fishy to have not caused any other damage, I'd say somebody shattered that light

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Starnerf said:
I thought most stores had switched to plastic by now.
Acctually most stores around here are still using metal, I think wally world is the only one using plastic. But even those have metal framework.

I realize that not all stores have cart corrals, but if they do people really need to start taking the extra effort to put the cart where its supposed to go when they are done! They are there to keep carts from smashing cars but apparently no one realizes that so we get to pay for someone else's ignorance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's sad the there are a lot of people out there that really don't care about anyone elses property.
It could have been a pickup backing up also, lie a 4x4 or SUV. Really are lucky it didn't get into the body more..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just for the heck of it I would go back to the store and get a cart and see if its the right height to bust that light out.

-GB49

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
INTREPID1995ES said:
Off TOPIC!!! but great white have you gotten your car painted? it looks excellent!!
Nope.

2000 es, pw1 stone white.

Factory paint, but showing a little road warrior damage (stone chips) on the hood. :doh:

The pics on my sig page are very flattering because they were taken during that "magic time" just before sunset. there's about 20 mins per day you get this kind of light. 10 mins in morning, 10 mins in the evening. That's when most advertisers shoot those jammy looking car adds.

Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Speaking of shopping carts, I was in Best Buy's parking lot a few weeks ago and some old B*%&$ was driving her new tahoe and wanted a parking spot even though there was a shopping cart in it. Well, no problem, she just rammed the cart and it went flying and eventually hit another cars rear bumper (amazingly it did nothing) Well seeing as I am 20 and my brother is 22 we are kind of stupid and instead of confronting the old bag my brother went and got the cart and slammed it into her door when she went inside. Like I said, this was not the right way to correct the problem at all but we were pissed and the lady didnt even blink when she hit the cart.. totally did it on purpose. well just thought I'd share and hope I don't get too much crap for that one

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would have been more fun to take the cart and put it on top of the SUV and see what she did....

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
berggyb said:
Speaking of shopping carts, I was in Best Buy's parking lot a few weeks ago and some old B*%&$ was driving her new tahoe and wanted a parking spot even though there was a shopping cart in it. Well, no problem, she just rammed the cart and it went flying and eventually hit another cars rear bumper (amazingly it did nothing) Well seeing as I am 20 and my brother is 22 we are kind of stupid and instead of confronting the old bag my brother went and got the cart and slammed it into her door when she went inside. Like I said, this was not the right way to correct the problem at all but we were pissed and the lady didnt even blink when she hit the cart.. totally did it on purpose. well just thought I'd share and hope I don't get too much crap for that one
Better thing to do would have been to left a note on the car the cart hit describing what you witnessed, her plate number and your contact info in case the car owner wanted to have any damage she caused fixed. Even if it was only a scratch. she did wrong, she deseved to pay.
She obviously didn't leave a note, you could have held her accountable alot better this way and I'll bet she'd think twice about that type of behaviour next time. And you'd be doing the right thing. That always feels good.

Now she'll just come out, see the dent, and be even more b!tchy the next time. Hold 'em accountable for thier actions, best way to do it!

Actually, you're probably lucky someone didn't do that to you.

Just my .02

Cheers

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Chewievette said:
I realize that not all stores have cart corrals, but if they do people really need to start taking the extra effort to put the cart where its supposed to go when they are done! They are there to keep carts from smashing cars but apparently no one realizes that so we get to pay for someone else's ignorance.

Exactily! As a former cart shovler back in the day I couldn't agree more. I always return it to the front of the store because pushing in carts all day long sucks!

About a year ago, I was at Sams Club, when this rude lady was yapping on her cell phone and was loading up her Nissan SUV with her purchases and she just pushed the cart in to the adjacent space, which was occupied by a newer ford truck. She went back in the store and the truck owner, who was sitting in his truck when it happened, took a screwdriver and keyed the side of the SUV from tail light to head light. Not the choice I would have taken, I would have overturned the cart infront of the driver door, making it hard to get in or out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didnt mention, but this is the reason I suspect it was a cart: When I came out there was a cart in front of my car(paralell to it, between my front bumper and the cars' rear bumper that was in front of me). And I said to my girl "Huh, look at that, at least it didnt hit my car!". Thats f'in ironic.

The carts at acme are metal framed with plastic bumpers. Maybe it wasnt a cart who knows; I just suspected that after seeing the cart there and how windy it was.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Meh :dunno:

Like I said, what's done is done.
Cart or some jerk, doesn't matter now. Sorry you had to bear the brunt either way.

Cheers

·
Registered
532 Posts
Haha. I have a couple of good ones. My friend was in a parking lot and this lady parked next to him, opened her door and hit his door. She saw him in the car and didn’t do anything. He got out and asked her about it and she didn’t even apologize. So he kicks her side quarter panel in and she goes nuts and he drives off. Never heard from her again. Wish I could have been there to see him do that. He’s not the dude you want to piss off.

One of my prof’s was at parking lot w/ his wife in the passenger side and this old hag pulls up next to them, opens her door and hits his car. The wife rolls down the window and the old lady says, "ahh, your car is a piece of **** anyway." Well, my prof reaches across his wife, opens the passenger door and slams it into the ladies car. Haha. He tells her to have a nice day and drives off. Such sweet justice.

If people would just take responsibility for their actions, things would be much better.

-GB49

1 - 18 of 18 Posts