DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would those of you with cold air intakes please post some pics (or direct me to a link where it's already been done) of your home brew intakes? I think that's going to be my very first performance mod.
What size K & N cone filters have you guys used? I'm wondering if the tapered cone that is 5" in total filter length would be too small? I'd like something bigger(longer) but I'm just not sure yet which size will work best. I guess I have to get under there and study it.
If I could talk you into it, if some of you have used the KN cone filter, could you post which part # you used and it's size for me? Sure would appreciate it! You guys are the best!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have contacted Joe. Thanks! I'm just keeping my options open. Thanks though!

·
Registered
709 Posts
The one thing I've also noticed with placing the intake where it is with Joe's intake is that it gets a ram air effect off the top of the headlight. If you look at your filter after a few days of driving you'll noticed that the part that faces the headlight will have a darker spot than the rest..... found it to be neat.

There have been a few members that have ran a secondary pipe from infront of the car over the battery and into and intake to get "true" cold air/ram air...... while it's not that hard to do the benifites gained are not as worth it in my opinon.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I'm jealous!!! My '01 2.7L doesn't have that plate on the top of the upper intake. I know they're just for show but I like how they look. Anybody know where I can get one? And do they just snap on? Maybe I need to comb the local yards for any wrecked treps. And that intake with the blue wire looms looks pretty sweet Elboricua.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice intakes folks! Look'n real good! Thanks for the posts and suggestions!

·
Banned
5,268 Posts

As for which K&N filters to use, I prefer the RF-1047 which is carbon fiber topped and 6" long, or the RU-3590 which is 5" long (kinda small). THere are some others that work, but its all good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
340duster said:
As for which K&N filters to use, I prefer the RF-1047 which is carbon fiber topped and 6" long, or the RU-3590 which is 5" long (kinda small). THere are some others that work, but its all good.
Yeah, that's what I'm deciding on now. Those 5" are pretty small. I'm leaning more towards the 6". What is it? RU-3830 maybe? I've got it written down at home.
Do you all think those generic versions of the K & N's work just as well? Guy here at work and I was just talking about that.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Lucky6 said:
Yeah, that's what I'm deciding on now. Those 5" are pretty small. I'm leaning more towards the 6". What is it? RU-3830 maybe? I've got it written down at home.
Do you all think those generic versions of the K & N's work just as well? Guy here at work and I was just talking about that.
RF-1047. Its the cheapest 6" long 3" flanged filter.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
My RX-4990 was a bit on the expensive side, but I like it...and I got it for a good price. :biggrin: (Still not as cheap as the RF-1047)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great advice! Thanks!!! I wrote it down and will do a search to find one (RF 1047)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts