DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just get out to the school parking lot and I back up. Some thunderchicken smacks the **** out of a chicks small corolla. Well I stare at it for a second cause I saw everything and then I said **** it, the cop saw it and so did like 20 other people so I left. Anway, pulling out on wells road which goes by WCHS and Weightman middle schools, there is this riced out red, brand new Honda Civic DX, thats debadged. I knew it was debadged because before Christmas break he had everything stock on it. This kid has a nice Pontiac Grand Am with a nice dual exhaust setup, I dunno why he wanted a shitty Civic, especially DX.

So I'm behind him on wells... Doing normal 20mph because its a school zone. This asshole gets tired of the parents picking their kids up from Weightman middle, so he PASSES (WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :eek: ) in a school zone. :mad: :mad:

I wait until I'm past weightman and I pass the two cars that he zipped around and I get right behind his ass at the stop sign to turn out on curley road. (btw, WCHS and Weightman middle are out in the middle are out in the middle of no where, the county govt did something smart, they gave the schools plenty of room to expand). So He continues to floor it out on curley and I hear that rice muffler blazing. I follow suit. Then I'm right on his ass at 70 and I punched it and I flew by his ass with my middle finger out the window and kept it there till I knew he saw it. :D

He passes the car that I passed with him behind it and I flicked him off again and I kept on the gas doing like 90mph down this country road and turned out on SR 54 and havn't seen his ass since. I wonder if this asshole will remember me tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Starscream:

So I'm behind him on wells... Doing normal 20mph because its a school zone. This asshole gets tired of the parents picking their kids up from Weightman middle, so he PASSES (WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :eek: ) in a school zone. :mad: :mad:
I hear ya!

Nice kill. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
First of all i agree about the safety. Second of all please do not call a honda shitty. There will never be a day that our intrepids or any dodge can compare to the quality and endurance of a honda. Civics have tons of mod equipment available and could easily be modded to kill any trep. I have been burned by many!! That kid was just a jerk. Ignore him but dont diss one of the best manufacturers out there.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by huntersdl:
First of all i agree about the safety. Second of all please do not call a honda shitty. There will never be a day that our intrepids or any dodge can compare to the quality and endurance of a honda. Civics have tons of mod equipment available and could easily be modded to kill any trep. I have been burned by many!! That kid was just a jerk. Ignore him but dont diss one of the best manufacturers out there.
I do believe the Intrepid has a better reliability record than the Accord. :)

As for any Dodge having the quality and endurance of a Honda, don't say that to the guys who own 30-40 year old Dodge muscle cars (in pristine condition I might add)! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
The intrepid does not have a better reliability record than an accord! What crack are you smoking! Prove it. There is not one legitimate survey out there that shows that. www.edmunds.com i used a 99 intrepid es 8.0 reliability. I used a 99 so a few years of wear would show the truth. A 99 accord ex v6 4 dr 8.9 reliability. Not but almost 1.0 factor but an accord will outlast a dodge anyday. Just a proven factor. Also they hold their value so well because they are more reliable and last longer. Dont get me wrong i like my trep but its no honda or toyota. IF you ever drove the honda v6 you would notice much more refinement smoothness and its a hellofva lot quieter.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Where is lhser when you need him.

Buddy i think you been smoking the crack
QUOTE]Dont get me wrong i like my trep but its no honda or toyota. IF you ever drove the honda v6 you would notice much more refinement smoothness and its a hellofva lot quieter. [/QUOTE]

Smother try taking one ove r90 at highway they rev like idiots and never will be smooth as an intrepid who the hell keeps a car for more than 5-7 years the most and intrtepid are reliable my car has 170 k buddy with just a transmission problem and thats it.

i think you feel kind of stupid now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Wutang15m:
my car has 170 k buddy with just a transmission problem and thats it.

you say that as if a tranny is nothing major. i dont know alot of people who enjoy putting at least $1500 into their car out of nowhere, especially if its their only car (and i say this speaking from experience). I happen to like civics. this guy was just an idiot and deserved to get beat (good job by the way :D) In fact im even thinking about the new civic EX as a possible next car :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Dont get me wrong i like my trep but its no honda or toyota. IF you ever drove the honda v6 you would notice much more refinement smoothness and its a hellofva lot quieter.
Not to mention the bland styling, and the everyone-and-his-dog has one factor.

Get back in the saddle, Honda jockey, and leave your bullshit superiority complexes at the door.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:

Get back in the saddle, Honda jockey, and leave your bullshit superiority complexes at the door.

i dont wanna get into it with anyone, but why do people always diss on honda? i like them i just dont like what people do to them (ricing them out) to give them a bad name :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
Because people over rate them. Dodge has been out for years in the usa i think 70 or 60 years not sure but as for honda i think 15 or 18 im not sure too.

He was trying to say it was better than the trep i dont think so. i would of bought a honda but i didnt want to drive a lawnmore that dosent move :eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Because people over rate them. Dodge has been out for years in the usa i think 70 or 60 years not sure but as for honda i think 15 or 18 im not sure too.

He was trying to say it was better than the trep i dont think so. i would of bought a honda but i didnt want to drive a lawnmore that dosent move :eek:

·
Registered
523 Posts
please do not call a honda shitty
Tee hee. Shitty Hondas.

Seriously, how about just plain ol' crappy then? Or sterile? How does bland sound? Oh, and don't forget puny!

Unless its a Honda CR,XR, or a CBR, I want nothing to do with it.

This is a Dodge website, therefore any requests to tone down the rhetoric on other brands (especially imports) will be blatantly ignored. By myself, anyway.

:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will so call a Honda shitty if I please. They're ugly as hell and the mods you speak of, with the type of money you would have to put into a Civic or Prelude to match Detriot muscle, why the hell did you buy an ugly ass car in the first place when you could just have bought a stock domestic car and not worry about it?

Secondly, I'm sure most of you heard about Ford Motor Company closing 4 (or 5) of its plants and 35,000 people loosing their jobs. That my friends is why a Honda will never be in my damn driveway if its not a guest of mine. You know, all America has left now is General Motors that is a major company. Chrysler has packed up its **** and went to Canada and Europe. Ford, major downsizing. Saturn... come on and aren't they owned mostly by GM anyways?

You go ahead and save some money and buy an ugly ass Honda and screw this country in the asshole everytime you do it. You wonder why there are budget cuts? The friggin government has to pay these peoples salaries.

The government pays my dads retirement check for Eastern Airlines because the CEO left with all their money and ran that company in the ground. And, the gov't doesn't pay nearly as much as he is supposed to get. :mad: I'm worried about my generation and especially my kids generation. Where are the jobs going to be? I don't want to move to Japan just to get a job...

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Huntersdl - J.D. Power recently released a comprehensive study for the 1998 models tracked over three years. The Interpid was 14th - the Accord 15th. Since most Honda followers Love all surveys I thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OOO Burn :eek: :D good one moparman. I love doing the same **** to my step dad with his anti-dodge crap too. He brags that Toyota makes such good cars and when I show that American makers make good products and sometimes better, it shuts his ass right up. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
guys lets not forget dodge is made by chrysler and chrysler doesnt have the best reputation with reliabily etc. honda does. you can flame all you want but hondas got the aftermarket support and they can easily mod a civic to beat intrepids. U say well they do have to mod to beat us but the difference is honda primarily makes 4 cylinder engines and they do it with small liter engines dont get me wrong i love my intrepid and hate ricer civics that think they are the **** but u have to give props to civics cuz theres a ton of civics out there that can take us

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AGAIN, I refer to my previous statement saying that WHY mod an ECONOMY CAR??! They are meant to get good gas mileage NOT HOT RODS! Ok, to get a honda civic EX (their best) against our best (intrepid R/T), I know they would have to spend well over 4-5 grand to get it. Civic EX is what? 15-17 grand, from the factory? Ok so you spend like 21-22 grand on an ECONOMY car. For 22grand you could get yourself a nice 3.8 mustang or firebird or V6 camaro. Mod them lightly and except for the 3.8 stang, rape our cars easily. Plus, they look great and you end up supporting OUR country and OUR WORKERS! Not some Jap working for less wages.. :mad:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts