DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet my second Chrysler Intrepid. My original one was wrote off last year, due to an intoxicated government plow driver practically crushing it. Unfortunately beyond body fill and bolt on body parts.

Purchased my second one the moment the insurance wrote out the cheque. Refused to buy anything else, besides an LH; simply because I firmly believe these are the best rounded vehicle for it's original price tag - Mopar or no car...

Baseline SE model, originally champagne color, had it painted to a "Hell Fire Orange" (YES - That's what they call the paint color). Lifted the very healthy 2.7 and shot it, it now resides as a Honda block or a structural clip for a Lamborghini I'd like to think. Dropped in a transmission and 3.5 HO from a early retired cop car, it died heroically in a high chase pursuit (wrote off for body damage). Millions of mods to name since...

Been to the quarter mile drag strip with friends, gets a very nice 15.1 with what little I have done.

Yes I'm in love.

Exterior Mods:
- Custom Paint Job
- Added OEM Spoiler (WANT Charger Spoiler)
- Crusader Rims (Running over-sized tires, FML)
- Debadged and Demolded
- Eyebrows on headlamps
- Tinted tailights
- 300M mirrors

Interior Mods:
- ATC
- Police Cluster / 300M Needles
- 300M Auto-Dim Rear view mirror
- 300M Leather Seats
- 300M Dash and Door Panels
- 300M Body color matched trim/Currently California wood package.
- Blacked out interior, including headliner, pillar caps, etc.
- Infinity II Stereo + AMP, married to Pioneer replacement speakers + deck + 12" Sub.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee EVIC

Performance Mods
- Swapped final drive gears
- Dynomax Dual exhaust
- 3.5HO PCM (want a Special PCM)
- Coldair Intake
- Heavy Duty Cooling Police package
- Shift kit
- Heavy Duty Clutch pack
- Police package swaybars front and rear

Decided to post this spur of the moment, so only one picture for now:

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. Would like a set of Spyder Halo projectors, but I can never scrounge the $300 to throw at them.

I'll snap more pics as I mod and get time. Been busy starting my stroker/turbo motor.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a few pictures of when I recently yanked the original 3.5 and trans, due to a solenoid pack crapping the bed.

Engine and trans come from a 2004 Police interceptor, that was maintained religiously, retired due to wrecking. New injectors, premium NGK plugs, timing belt and water pump, trans fluid flush and filter replacement and they even had a shift-kit installed when purchasing the vehicle so I'm told. Seen it routinely, local RCMP are very critical of the vehicles. Inside of the motor is factory-build clean, can assume it's always seen full synthetic. No carbon or sludge deposits, period.

I also took advantage of the scenario to add the heavy duty sway bar package, and cooling system for the engine oil.

Had to be the most straight forward swap ever, despite me ripping things down, I didn't have too, or have to replace anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wish I wwouldi thought of pulling that much off when I did the motor in mine. Man it would of been a lot easier. Very nice car. The wheels and eyebrows look real nice

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! But it's never completed!

Planning a LX power-system swap, rebuilding my old engine and eventually the end game is a turbo.

But as the good weather is coming I will post more photos of the interior etc!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts