DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Well at least they are willing to repair for free, a faulty transmission design...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is correct that they know that there is a problem and are fixing it. But it does show that all automakers do have problems.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
But it does show that all automakers do have problems.
I didn't think this was something that was not already understood.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
As for the recall itself, I've posted a question about it on the Accord forum I visit. There's someone on there who regularly posts factory-direct information about recalls, service bulletins, etc.

When I find out anything I'll post it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
On the Odyssey there is a problem with the transmission overheating. There was an internal redesign in the transmission that fixed the problem ... on the vehicles that were being recalled they were adding an external cooler. When I bought mine I made sure I checked the VIN to be sure that I was getting one that had the redesigned transmission.

My guess is that the same problem exists with the Accord... it's the same transmission ...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
00ChryslerIntrepid said:
I didn't think this was something that was not already understood.

Hahaha...that's funny. Because there are some that claim that some automakers don't have problems.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alderran said:
It also shows that some automakers do "voluntary" recalls while others have to be forced into it
That's what I said.

That is correct that they know that there is a problem and are fixing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts