DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr

you mean the hood pistons? I got some off e-bay and I hink you can get them at most auto parts stores for anywhere from $25 to $45

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could i ask you to explain to me in really simple terms, i know no nothing about cars how to remove the air restrictor ? is it hard?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
For years I have just clamped a vice grip on the silver plunger on the piston. It works very well.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I either put the vice grips or just a pole. My engine is stock so I really never have my hood open, unless I'm working on my car. I really dont see why anyone would spend the money to fix them, unless they have engine mods. I dont see why the intrepids didnt just come with a prop pole like all other cars

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Toronto_Ben said:
Could i ask you to explain to me in really simple terms, i know no nothing about cars how to remove the air restrictor ? is it hard?
That tube that looks like an accordian... disconnect it, look inside and you'll see a black plastic piece that looks like a funnel, pull it out.

I don't think it gets any more simple unless someone does it for you.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
nhogan said:
I really dont see why anyone would spend the money to fix them, unless they have engine mods. I dont see why the intrepids didnt just come with a prop pole like all other cars
I spent the $40 to fix this annoying problem because I don't like getting a smack in the back of the head while pouring windshield washer fluid or checking the oil level.

For a hoopty, yah, broomstick it but I'm still proud of my LHS and feel $40 is chump change to keep it out of Hoopty status.

Prop rods or springs are great as the cars age. Our 65 Belvedere with springs still holds it hood up proudly after 41 years but when these babies are sitting all pretty in the showroom a prop rod (to me) is a sign of cheapness.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yeah, the whole falling hood thing isn't fun, trying to replace my corner lights one day, hood came down hard on my head, almost knocked me out..... now that would have looked interesting to a person driving by, my upper-body slammed below m hood on a hot engine and my ass sticking out facing the street

1 - 9 of 9 Posts