DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a little problem with my hood release handle inside the car. Is there any way to maybe adjust the tension on the cable or on the hood latch end of it? :dunno:The hood does open but won't pop up like it did before. Thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Adjust the bumpers in the engine compartment down a little. This will allow it to open easier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a similar problem after changing the radiator.

I recently had to redo the power steering hose and removed the support bar that holds the hood release and put it back.
I guess in doing so, I adjusted the tension or such and it works again.

If the bumper adjusts don't work and you had work done recently then try removing and putting back the support bar.

KP

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had to spray WD40 on my hood release mechanism to get it to pop up. Also the hood release latch has two bolts for adjustment to raise or lower the hood latch which will make the amount of force needed to release the hood much easier if it is set without too much tension when the hood is down against the two stops on either side.

My hood release is like butter now and my hood pops up now like it should.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.