DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you mean hood strut? That what supports the hood in the up postion. You can fine them in any part store for about $30 each.

Vinny

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
A little off track here, but usefull none the less. The pound rating of the rear trunk cylinders is 90lbs each. If someone knows what the front cylinders are, please let us know. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
604 Posts
i got them from IRA dodge in tewksbury for 59.75 (Both) any dealer should have them just ask for hood struts.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think I payed about $25 (Cdn.) apiece. Either way though, it's a very easy install, takes about 15 minutes (as long as you have someone else holding the hood up).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hood struts

Last I checked, Murray's has them for pretty cheap. When I last went up there, I found them for 25.00 a piece. Also, if you need some support soon without having a bar in the way of your working area....clamp some vice-grips lightly, but snugly onto the silver part of the strut just before the black part...and the hood will stay open perfectly. I have been doing this, and just keep a pair of vice-grips in my car because I'm a cheap bastard.

Duncan

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
at home i use a pogo stick painted blue to hold mine up.

at carlisle, bruce painted a hockey stick and i used a winshield ice scraper.

be creative.

or just buy new struts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i just use a short piece of round wood and stick it right beside one of the hood struts to hold the hood up. it works very well, its out of the way and not as noticable as putting a large object at the front to prop up the hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts