DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get an intake design for the 3.5 and maybe the 3.3 cars. I hope to have the whole design and final product done this weekend. I've been totally stressed and worked non stop with training for work (driving 35 and 40 ft buses, hehe), school, the car, etc. Sorry I haven't been on the boards much to contribute but I promise to give my all to the intake this weekend when I get all the other stuff done. Might be going to some street races at our local 1/4 mile strip Friday but the Intrepid will not be going just me to help people and tune their cars. I hope to have something done or at least close by Monday for everyone, I should be able to start some prefabrication work tomorrow. I have a required safety meeting tonight, test and paper due tomorrow and I have to skip test and tune night as well at the strip to get all of it done. Once again sorry guys for not having any new stuff to contribute, keep in touch and have fun with your Intrepid!!

:cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You guys wouldn't believe but some major crap has just come up on me dealing with my car specifically. Nothing major but enough that I can't do the intake design all the way this weekend. I will let you know when problem is solved, it involves bitching out a certain company.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know the feeling, dealing with suppliers can be a major pain!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys I hope to have some progress on the intake this weekend. In the mean time I had to go to Bristol, TN last friday to help some guys with racing. Basically the problem that wasn't a huge issue was the MSD DIS-4. The check engine light was cause of the system, they thought I wouldn't need the two 8912 tach adapters but I did. Ran some tests on a computer with the car and basically it thought it had no ignition system and wasn't adapting much or any at all. Did some performance tests and found that the MSD was doing awesome around 4k to 6400 rpm where the computer is always rich anyway but the MSD was actually burning off all the fuel below that rpm since the computer wasn't adjusting. Put the dumby link back in and the stock ignition did awesome at start up and low rpms and 4k and up but not as good as the MSD did. So, I told MSD how they told me wrong and they continue to please me. They admitted the mistake and sent me a new harness and the two adapters. Basically, they sent me 120 bucks worth of stuff to make up for it. So now I am really looking forward to the increase I'll get when I already enjoyed what I had before. Basically I did the DIS-4 for some gain now and for future radical mods that will need the spark. I have always used MSD systems when I do mods for my friends and other people who want installation on cars. I was worried MSD might back out on me but they proved me wrong standing behind their word. I'll let you guys know how good it feels after the adapters are on and I drive it long enough so it can adapt. Hopefully get some work on the intake done, but as my luck has it, the new tranny has sprung its second leak. So that will be going to a local dodge i can't tighten ****ing gaskets right dealer soon to be fixed under warranty. Hope to get it done soon guys. Just been so stressed with work, school, car, house, etc. Sorry if i'm taking too long.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm going to get the MSD back up and running tomorrow and continue or finish work on the intake. I've seen your posts about the dual intake and from my development and research its not worth the hassel or time. My intake will not involve two seperate pipes but I did have the idea at one time too. You guys might wanna notice you keep saying you only need one hook up for the crankcase ventalation but you'll need to hook up some air to the idle control motor as well but no biggie. Well I hope to have the whole kit done this weekend, intake, brackets for moving stuff and some aluminum sheeting for closing off of certain areas to force cold air into a "box" and up into the engine bay.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it decided to rain all weekend in Blacksburg, otherwise known as Bleaksburg. I have classes all week and work monday/wednesday/thursday so I will have to start the work Friday after class and into next weekend. Sorry again guys but I can't control mother nature.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't have much time to give all the details since I have exams and assignments to finish up the last three days of summer II class. In short, the MSD and adapters are in and the car is running way smooth and strong. Got the pcm and evap can moved and got plenty of room to run the intake tube that will be made this weekend. Just thought I let you all know.

·
Registered
890 Posts
94 intrepid es what is it you are actually making a whole intake system cool if you are what is the piping material please keep me posted i want one the one i have looks really ugly

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just wondering where you moved the pcm and evap. Did you just stand them up on side or completely rewire or move the wiring to a different location? I am try to get my ducting down below the pcm and evap but can't seem to figure out where to put them. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys,
I am basically done with moving my MSD tach adaptors to where I wanted now on their new mounts. They are on seperate plates on two tall pieces of all thread mounted right onto the mounts for the PCM. Basically finishing that up for our car show here on sunday. Then I'll be hiding all the wires and stuff like that saturday to clean it up some and eventually get a cover for the tach adaptors so it will look cleaner. I am going to take pics of what its like without the cold air pipe yet installed. Can't have it bent yet cause i'm waiting on one other parts next week that I need in so the pipe is the right size and bends. Also getting my new c-pillar appliques tomorrow. I'll be at Bristol Dragstrip tomorrow night with some friends helping out and watching but not racing. Want some more stuff done before I do any runs. Just thought I update and should have the intake pipe bent and installed in two weeks max now. Just waiting on the other parts, hehe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
was wondering how big of brackets and where your moving it all?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Jeeze man hurry up already! We're all waiting with baited breath! Pull a couple of all nighters and get the pics and specs up! I got about 2-3 weeks before my dyno runs appointment and would really like to liven the ***** up a bit more! :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Calm down, hehe. I got the adaptors all moved and mounted now finally!!! Wiring is finally all bundled together and tie wrapped. Now I'm going to get a metal sheet and close that whole section off to make it look flush and neat so no wires or adaptors are seen. I promise to take some pictures this week, I'll get my buddy's digital camera and upload them asap of the brackets and all. Might be a little hard to see with the wiring but at least you can see how I have the gap and all for the cold air.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys I found some busy time out of my day to make a really quick info page with some pictures my friend did with his camera. I tried my best, this week is nuts with tests and papers, etc. So e-mail or whatever on questions.

Information for you cool guys

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After all of that I can't believe you guys didn't reply about the page I made with all the pics and stuff. Come on Buschman, Mopar4U, ru4adodge, silver ghost, etc I actually had time to post for once, hehehe. Just let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like the effort but I don't have MSD ignition, i'm waiting for this intake you are designing. I still don't have a good feel for where you put the PCM and evap canister, by moving these we could get a lot more air.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you look in the pictures you can see the wiring harness is actually on top of the PCM and the evap can is in the far right corner of the car.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Mopar4U, go back to that page. I added another picture but outlined stuff so you could understand better. Maybe I can get the camera tomorrow and take pictures from under the car. I'll get the intake pipe done next week I hope. Waiting for shipping and all since the recent disasters have caused issues.

I just added some more pics I took under and overhead and you can see a whole lot better now Mopar4u. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Pictures and Information on moving the PCM and Evap Can

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: 94IntrepidES ]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts