DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

besides replacing the door what can i do to fix this...i was thinking about just ripping it out and putting a very fine bead of black silicone in its place...if done right it should look good

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant just cut this piece off

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive pushed them in numerous times they also pop out as soon as i drive away..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
dont use epoxy. use clear plumbers silicone. works great. i would take a small flat screwdriver shove that peice back in then silicone. good luck

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Best bet would be to try and remove that gasket or all the parts of it that you see anyway, and then tape on both sides of the joint and give it a good bead of black silicone, bcs clear silicone turns a little yellow after a while and it would look like crap.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what i want to do...that was my main idea..i just wanted to see what you guys would say

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i wonder if this is caused by your vents being blocked? it is forcing the air out thru the doors rather then the vents in the trunk to release the pressure.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why would my vents be blocked?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
its just from the rubber swelling,, my trep was starting to do that, and theres a sopt on the Special that has started to do it,, ill come up with somekind of fix

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its the only thing wrong with the outside of my car...i hate it..my car is a 98...maybe its a 98 thing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts