DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2000 Intrepid R/T 2 months ago and now after a nice christmas bonus I want to spend some money on my car. I already ordered a K&N air filter. If I would put dual exhaust on would that help my hp quite a bit or just hurt the backpressure. Is a new computer chip worth the money? What else can I do for under $350

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I would invest some money and time making the custom intake.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want to go fast ... you sure bought the wrong car....... if you start racing other cars you'll be tasting defeat very very often.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My R/T goes plenty fast, don't go telling other people that the trep sucks for speed, cause it doesn't, there are I believe NO CARS that can beat a 'trep for less money (ok, maybe a mustang GT, but it's Ford and Ford can kiss my mopar ass!!!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Brento,

Best place to start is where you are at already. Just look around this website and and read the forums. All sort of ideas, mods and guidance on things tried and results of what worked and did not.

sURFN

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: sURFNmADNESS ]

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Avenger:
My R/T goes plenty fast, don't go telling other people that the trep sucks for speed, cause it doesn't, there are I believe NO CARS that can beat a 'trep for less money (ok, maybe a mustang GT, but it's Ford and Ford can kiss my mopar ass!!!)
Yes, but an Intrepid is a whole lot more roomy than a Mustang. :)

The R/T is plenty fast. She's a "muscle sedan". :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
:) 10-4 on the last comments. My Intrepid goes like hell. Full size cars don't measure up to the Intrepids.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
The R/T is plenty fast. She's a "muscle sedan". :)[/B]
If you want a true Muscle Sedan you want a M5. But for more comparable price you want a Grand Prix GTP or a Bonivelle SSEI. They run 280 ft lbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could have got a grand Prix and been like about 50 other kids at my school or a SSEi and paid 7,000 more. Intrepids are only .2 seconds slower then a SSEi in the 1/4 mile and they look way better. And having to ride in a Bonneville 1/2 and hour twice a week in the back I'm sure my freinds like the space more too.

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: brento ]

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Grand Prixs are ugly, cheaply built, plasticy and boring
:p

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Avenger ]

·
Registered
560 Posts
on the "muscle" topic, chrysler has always (well, not always really...) been about most power for the money...just look at teh lines of vehicles that are hopefully going to be in production before too long (traditional muscle cars, v-8 rear driven...) now about the muscle issue...all i have to say about htat is this v-6 front drive heavy sedan will give most anything on the road a run for its money...if i lose in mine, its been by inches,...and it doesnt look good for the guy with the quicker car who spent 5-10k plus $$$ on their car only to go out and beat an ugly ass dodge intrepid by 4 inches. :D

and yes...grand prix's are ugly, plasticy, overpriced, and cheaply built.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Valhalla 21340 ]

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Thank you!!! Anyway, I test drove a grand prix gt before I bought my R/T, the interior was coming apart and butt ugly to look at, I would've had to get the HUD so that I wouldn't hurl every time I looked at that shitty cheap ass dashboard. I never drove the GTP though. I love my trep even though I may have been sacrificing a little speed, but I definetly go the superior car.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, the Grand Prix does not have a nice rear end on it at all, I do not mind the front too much, But Intrepid styling forsure number 1, it is a sweet ride. just wish we had an option of a superchager to give up a ranking with the GTP, mabe even beat them out. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts