DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2000 intrepid es with the 3.2 i already have an exhaust on the car and its quick for a big car, any ideas on what else i can do to get more power out of it without tearimg down the motor ?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do they still make the underdrive pulley?
ive been in search of the mythical pully for a long time, when you find it buy one for yourself, then PLEASE, PM me the link so I can get a crack.

any other HP is going to require pulling the motor apart, 3.5 pistons/rods/crank come to mind, integra cams, best bet might be replacing the headers with the 97 era concorde. they have way better flow.you'd need to do some pipework and relocate the cats a bit

could joint he 4.0 stroker club...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
ive been in search of the mythical pully for a long time, when you find it buy one for yourself, then PLEASE, PM me the link so I can get a crack.

any other HP is going to require pulling the motor apart, 3.5 pistons/rods/crank come to mind, integra cams, best bet might be replacing the headers with the 97 era concorde. they have way better flow.you'd need to do some pipework and relocate the cats a bit

could joint he 4.0 stroker club...
It hasn't been on the website for some time. I believe there was a list a while back of people trying to get another run set-up. Guess that never went anywhere.

·
Registered
738 Posts
LX pulley's don't work?

Swap your gears for the 2.7/Special ones. It's the biggest bang for the littlest dollar and work. If you can find Prowler Pro Gears, they'll be even MORE nicer.

Intake spacers, true cold air intake, bore out your throttle body, port and polish your lower intake manifold, high-stall torque converter.

If you had a newer year 02-04 car, I'd suggest a Special PCM. But being you're in the older year area, you have more independent ignition/fuel management systems to tune it.

If you got no plans to ever turbo or supercharge it, the earlier year manifolds are popular options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts