DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I spent a day last week cleaning up the Intrepid. Mostly the engine bay. I bought some Simple Green on sale, I was really impressed with the results.

Before

Nothing like an ol 3.3!

After The Simple Green

Strange, doesn't look like it's a 10 year old car.

·
Registered
458 Posts
WOW! i've gotta get my hands on some of that! mine is very clean as it is, but that would make it look a lot better!

·
Registered
699 Posts

pretty clean after rebuild

·
Registered
219 Posts
ulintze29 said:
WOW! i've gotta get my hands on some of that! mine is very clean as it is, but that would make it look a lot better!
Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. that stuff looks nice! where can i get it where can i get it!!!!! **FAints** :brutal_01

·
Registered
21 Posts
When washing your engine whether it be with simple green or a power washer....do you have to be careful of the spark plugs or anything? I have never washed my enigne bay before and I would liek to know before I do anythign stupid.....Thank You

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Stealth311 said:
When washing your engine whether it be with simple green or a power washer....do you have to be careful of the spark plugs or anything? I have never washed my enigne bay before and I would liek to know before I do anythign stupid.....Thank You
Cover the Alt, Batt. comections and fuse boxes underhood, then go at it !!!
It's a good idea if you have a leaf blower or compressed air to dry it a little on the electrical parts after the shower, before you start it. Then take it for a spin(10 min drive), pop the hood open and let it evaporate, you could apply any dressings or whatever to make it shine, remember nothing too combustible or that will react with plastic (read the label on product b4 using it). Myself I used some wheel spray, used to keep the brake dust off, and it worked good so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.