DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my amp and sub setup, but can't find a good way to route the power cable. I've got a 4 gauge power wire that I'm trying to get back to the trunk. This is in a 1997 intrepid w/o the infinity setup. I already have replaced all interior speakers and head unit. I have seen reference to running it in the brakeline channel, but as of yet haven't figured out how to get it into the beginning of the channel. I don't mind drilling the firewall, just want to know if there is another way.

TIA

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You can drill your own hole. Seal it with a rubber grommet or silicone. That way you aren't interfering with your brake line.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I didn't install my amp myself, but i saw most of the process. There's a small round thing under the dashboard where there is a cable already running through. So you take a screwdriver and put it in there, make it just a little bit bigger, just to get the power cable through there. Wasn't that hard to do.

Good luck!:blush:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ran the power line up over the fender under the hood. Then put a hole next to the door hinge and ran the wire through that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
haha i did the same thing gise1!
you can run it under the running boards, or if your really lazy about it, drill a hole in your trunk, and run it under the car into the engine where the battery is.. might have trouble if u bottom out doin 60 though ;-)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Carlos said:
I didn't install my amp myself, but i saw most of the process. There's a small round thing under the dashboard where there is a cable already running through. So you take a screwdriver and put it in there, make it just a little bit bigger, just to get the power cable through there. Wasn't that hard to do.

Good luck!:blush:
I just did this also. I just made the smallest of cross cuts in the rubber boot, and poked the wire straigh through. I am going to seal it up with some silicone just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i use the speedo cable and took out my front passenger seat and ran it all the way under the carpet

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It's really not a good idea to run the wire through the fender wall and through the door hinge. It's best to run it throught the firewall either through an exiting grommet or through your own hole with a grommet. The door hing just opens up so many opportunities for problems...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts