DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i have a 93 Intrepid ES with 3.5 and i cannot get the air restrictor thing out of the tube, i definetly feel weak here guys, please help me without laughing too much. :confused:

·
Dain bramaged
7,191 Posts
Originally posted by austin:
Yeah i have a 93 Intrepid ES with 3.5 and i cannot get the air restrictor thing out of the tube, i definetly feel weak here guys, please help me without laughing too much. :confused:
i cut it out with a pair of wire cutters..

·
Registered
533 Posts
I remember someone said that if you compress the hose it will drop right out. I don't know for sure, I had alreay taken mine out by cutting it with side cutters.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i tried to wedge it out with pliers and it broke, at which point i stood the tube on end, compressed it, and the cone dropped out of the end with a slight coaxing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here's how I did it, I took a flash light and pushed it down there until the thing dislodged. Then I put the accordian hose on the ground and took my right foot and smashed it (I didn't do it extremely hard) until I heard it shatter. Then I dumped all the pieces out. Do make sure you get them ALL out. Even the slightest pieces of dust/dirt can put a huge amount of wear on the engine, I can't imagine what a little piece of plastic in the chamber would do :eek:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
compress the tube on the floor... should come right out

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I got a long screwdriver and placed the tip of it on the joints where it fixes to the sides of the tube, then smacked it with my hammer.. one smack per joint, on my concorde there was 3.. Make sure there is NO loose fragments in there when you put it back, dont want that crap ending up in your motor.

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is this piece on the 2.7?,and if so, where can I locate it?

Starcream, cool name...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i don't believe that the 2nd gen cars have this miniature plastic tuba in their accordian hoses. however, i've never taken one off and investigated it. but from the posts on this website (or the lack thereof in this case), i am assuming that the cars don't have them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, Once I heard about removing this air restrictor, I wanted to do it! I took my hose off and saw what eveyone was talking about,It looked as though it was molded to the inside of the hose so I laid it down on the front porch cement steps and knocked the hell out of it with a hammer and it came out in sevral pieces, I realize this wasnt the best way, but it worked!! and the hose came out of it just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts