DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how it is you remove the paneling around the factory radio? Does it just pop off or are there screws located somewhere? I dont want to just rip it off and ruin something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
it does just pop off, u wont ruin it, it has snaps. but be kind of careful...

ps what kind of head unit r u puttin in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im putting in a JVC KDH-S77. I believe thats what model it is... it's all silver, tilts, MP3 input, and it also has an equalizer built in.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
here's the deal, before you take that panel off, drive down to the audio store and buy a wiring adapter for the thing. it should be about 10 bucks and will save you LOTS of trouble, as we discovered with my roommate's lebaron.

the panel snaps off, the easiest way is to put a flat-head screwdriver in the gap and slowly pry it off. one side will snap loose, then you can get leverage and pull out the other side. there are 2 bolts that hold the stereo in, if i remember correctly they are 10mm (stupid metric). if you use a ratchet you will need a deep drive or an extension because they're recessed from the console.

if you need help actually installing the thing, don't hesitate to ask. it's better to ask a dumb question than to **** up your stereo or your car's wiring for that matter. hope this has helped.

·
Registered
167 Posts
don't forget the din adaptor(if not 1.5 din) so that unit fits correctly.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
anyone ever hear of a 1.5 DIN MP3/CD player dash unit? I have a JVC unit that I got when I turned 16 and put it in my Pontiac 6000. then it moved to the Chevy Conversion van that I drove for 5 months.. then it moved to the Olds Calais Supreme, now to the trep. it has 4 Pre-outs, flip down face (pre-Kamelion) and 12 Disc changer Digital in. it is pretty nice, but now I am lookin for a 1.5 din'er that plays MP3 discs

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've looked for 1.5 din mp3 player and haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You could buy from Crutchfield, but you can find way better prices at Million Buy. Even though you get instructions and adaptors free but it's more expensive at Crutchfield.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
go get a factory wire harness and an installation kit. the panel pops off. you will have to do some cutting on the installation kit other than that just match the colored wires on the wire harness and you are good to go.....happy installing :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts