DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! As I was washing and vacumming my Intrepid yesterday,I noticed that I'm pretty picky and detail oriented trying to leave my Intrepid shiny. So, I was wondering, how you wash your Intrepid?
I personally don't like to take it to them car washes where they only steal your coins and see what you have inside, plus leaving your car unattended and washing it just from the outside.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Youre not the only one that takes there times washing there cars. i takes me approximately 4 hours to wash my car inside and out. i detail every little part. i do it probably every week or 2 weeks the most.

time to wash the intrepido again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Unfortunately since I do not own a house... or live in one for that matter... I am stuck to dealing with the local car wash. I do not let them brush my car, or wash the inside of the windows due to my tints. Of course its still not the greatest since they end up drying my car afterwards... god only knows with what towels... and those long shammey type things touch the car while washing... but its ok I suppose.

After I drive it home from the wash... i hit the car with a little Zaino Z6 Gloss Enhancer spray.... then wipe off. Car looks great afterwards.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Soft cloth car wash for me too.

sURFN

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wash my Trep. by hand and use BMW cleaning products that my dad has for his 300Ci......

RYAN

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Once I washed it at some car guys house with water and soap (oh man, it looked sweet). Most of the time though I use a long handled car brush with the water going through it (no soap) and because it's below freezing most days here now, I take it to the local touchless carwash to get the salt off of it and to unfreeze the sunroof. Touchless sucks if you got mud or whatever on your car though. I won't take it to a softcloth carwash cause it scratches the clearcoat and you see it on sunny days.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I also take about 4 hours to do it, in the summer I do it every weekend. But in the winter I give it a good power spray every other day to get the salt off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those of you with Leather what have you found that works best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i am the some way man do not let anyone wash my car but me and i am picky too

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by darkside:
For those of you with Leather what have you found that works best.
I normaly take a damp rag, like almost dry, but with just a bit of water in it, use that for all vinal, leather and plastic inside the car. its the best, dust sticks to it, and you leave nothing but clean behind.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
and it also keeps the natural smell in the car. none of cleaner smell, my car is a 99, and after I clean the interor with vacume and the damp rag it smell brand new when I get in it. love that leather new car smell. :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Car wash in the winter, but in the summer i go all out clean from bumper to bumper, inside and out, i live in the country on gravel roads. :( everyone thinks i am crazy to clean it every week or so because it gets dirty the 1st time i drive it but i knwo for that half an hour it is clean, it looks frickin awesome. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Meguire's all the way !!
I use Meguire's "fun scented" car wash soap with a really soft brush, it may sound cheesy but this stuff kicks ass. I also do the 3-step waxing during the summer. Last summer I did it twice and damn that stuff is good! I used NuFinish and that stuff is GREAT too. But I only use that if I njust need a quick waxing.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
for waxing I use Mothers Carnuba wax, for a quick shine I will use Liquid luster, stuff works good on getting bugs or other crap off as well. I also do once a year a paint seal renewer. for next year Im looking into Durashine, I like the sounds of it because water sheets off the car, has anyone tryed it or recomend it? because Im not to sure on the product.

·
Registered
890 Posts
NO BLCKBUT NO DONT BY THAT ****. its been sitting in my carage for 8 months now since the first time i used it and it dosent even work.

I decided last week to use the rest of it and it still didnt do ****. So dont even waste youre money on it trust me.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to wash my car 100%. I use a cloth like car wash mitten with soap that I get at Advance Auto Parts store. I use two huge towels to dry it off. I don't use armorall or any other product like it on my dash or tires... I wipe the dash down with a damp towel, and on my tires I use (TIRE SHINE) silicone spray by Next Dimension. it does not splash up on my back fender and it keeps shining after 3 car washes. It's $1.89usd at Advance Auto Parts Store and is enough to do a car 2 times. I highly recommend it.... It's in a pink arousal can that says "TIRE SHINE" with a gray ring about the top half.... ;)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks Wutang, I was not sure about it, the infomercial looked alright, but you can never trust the infomercial so I wanted to see if it really worked. Guess I will just stick with Carnuba wax.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Zaino baby! Its expensive but f--k it. ;) My sig below is my ride right after a car wash with just the Z6 gloss enhancer on my car. No wax whatsoever, even claybared the car the night before. The Z6 still shine like a mofo. I ended up waxing the car the night afterwards.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The best stuff to use on leather is LEXOL. They have a cleaner and conditioner. It doesn't smell like anything. Just gives you that nice new car smell every time you use it. That stuff works miracles on Leather. For Plastic or Vinyl I use VYNOL. Stuff is awesome! Shines anything and doesnt destroy or harm plastic or rubber. I use professional detailing materials and I cant remember the name of any of it. Its imported from the UK. I'll get you guys links to some of this stuff. It makes car washing a pleasure every single time!!! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts