Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I pin the tach almost every day

Votes: 37 26.6%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought this would be interesting to see how we all treat our cars on the street....since I know we all treat them better than our first born when they are in the garage.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
way to hard.

Reactions: Biggs01ES

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not too hard on it overall. But what's the point of having the 3.5 if you don't get on it once a week or so. :gross_07:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Every now and then I'll hit it just to see how she is behaving. As she gets older I tend to drive more like a granny, trying to baby the tranny. I just like to know that she still has it in her.
:auto_07:

-GB49

Reactions: Biggs01ES

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,842 Posts
Not hard on it at all.. unless I am forced to be....

I get alot of people thinking I am in a Charger Daytona, Hemi and all... which is fun, till I loose the race...cause usually its something that could have a chance against a Daytona Charger...but not a 32 Intrepid....

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
i'll admit, i do drive mine hard, but she seems to respond better to it then slowy drivinh, shifts below 3000rpms dont seems as smooth and quick as above, she rides compelety smooth at 80 to 90mph like its no bodys buisness, but a first Year, First gen 3.3. She has one hell of a spirit. And yes, i expect the best out of my car, but i give it the best!!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Rev limiter every day I drive it, which is like once every couple weeks now till it starts to snow alot. Then it becomes the daily driver.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I bring my baby up to redline almost everytime I drive her :p Usualy only 1st tho.
When cruising, I rarely pass 3000.

I think I've only hit the limiter twice...
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
well heres a good question, on the 3.3 which is a OHV engine, is there a limiter or is it just where the valves start floating at bout 5440 rpms?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I rarely ever get close to 4000, but some times I will hit the speed gov.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
As gently as possible without frigging up traffic flow. Infrequently fast. Floor it now an then but don't hold it too long.
I gotta pay to fix the beast, so i want to get the most MPG (miles per bucks) I can.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting range of results.....and I think I can safely speak for all of us who selected the last few options when I say to all of you who selected the first few options...Hurry Up and Get Out of the Way! lol

1 - 20 of 70 Posts