DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Whats the difference between regular intrepids and 'sport' treps. I didnt know they even existed until about 3 days ago when I saw a 97 sport driving around my town...

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Interesting. Theres a 1997 ES by me with 3.5L and autostick. Also has power seats and all of that, with the 3.5L badge.. Sounds like the difference is the luxury stuff and the SPORT badge..

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Suspension is also different on the 2 models.

Sports came with a "sport" suspension.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres a quote from DC

The 1997 Dodge Intrepid features a new, enhanced Sport Package that contains these features:

Eight way power driver's seat
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
Unique Sport Badging
Message Center
3.5-liter SOHC, 24-valve, 214-horsepower V6 engine
The AutoStick® transaxle shifter
Available in all nine Intrepid exterior colors. Stone White wheel covers included with the Stone White exterior color

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr

I have a sport platinum too 4 wheel disk,abs, power heated sideview mirrors,power moonroof,automatic rear view mirror.fog/driving lights and of course the sport package.it origional came with the midrange stereo system but I replaced all that.the only options I don't have is traction control and automatic climate control. I wish I had the fold down center rear seat. I just got the engine replaced ,new tires,tie rod ends and the body fixed and new platinum paint job. I need to put in my new hood lifts and get my cradle bushing replaced too.the car has been sittinging my driveway for nearly 2 years dead!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It Seeems there aren'y too many sports here..
Mine also has the sport suspension and 'speed assist' steering. Which took a little getting use to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 1997 sport
has auto stick i'll try to get some pics of it up later
yea haven't seen too many of them on this website...most parts match up anyway

·
Registered
321 Posts
i've seen several around my city but they dont seem any better then the ES's any way. sunroof's leak so i'm told by several friends who had cars with them, and the badges dont mean any thing if its a base car with a bigger motor and stickshift knob difference.

·
Registered
530 Posts
don't forget the sport suspension the "ES" don't have and power moonroof on mine has not leaked in the 4 years I had mine or any time before.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"i've seen several around my city but they dont seem any better then the ES's any way. sunroof's leak so i'm told by several friends who had cars with them, and the badges dont mean any thing if its a base car with a bigger motor and stickshift knob difference."

I suppose same thing applies to the R//T and base Intrepid. and every other base car that remains base but with added performance. Where the Roadrunner comne from???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wardruid said:
i've seen several around my city but they dont seem any better then the ES's any way. sunroof's leak so i'm told by several friends who had cars with them, and the badges dont mean any thing if its a base car with a bigger motor and stickshift knob difference.

I suppose same thing applies to the R//T and base Intrepid. and every other base car that remains base but with added performance. Where the Roadrunner comne from???

Apologize for previous post ,,figuring out quote thingy..:)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
bat078 said:
don't forget the sport suspension the "ES" don't have and power moonroof on mine has not leaked in the 4 years I had mine or any time before.
I might be wrong, I will have to look it up, but I am thinking that the ES and Sport suspensions were the same. I know the base had a "touring" suspension (I think that was what it was called).

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have one and the moon roof has never leaked they are the best intrepid out there haha...atleast for 1997

TREPS ROCK!!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
dealership here in town has a Tanish 1997 Dodge Intrepid Sport and its autostick of course, with 102,xxx miles on it, i went down there and they want like 5,000 for it i was like wtf ? lol and left

1 - 20 of 32 Posts