DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im done with checkers completely, due to the fact some stupid lady asked I.D. even thos my damn picture is on the damn card....i even grab the card from her hand and show a couple of people and asked does this look like me they are like yes.
(lady) i need to see id sir it for your protection.
(Me)what the **** you see right? its my ****en ppicture of..thats right me... so wtf..
(lady) im sorry sir but dont use that type of language...
(me) o kiss my ass where your manager.
(lady) hes over there
(manager) how may i help you
(Me) yea your dumbass cashier is a retard.... (showed him my card. does this pic look like me.
(manager) yes
(Me) then why the **** do i haver to show id for this.
(manager) our policy sir if it was credit card transation.you must show id.
(me) bullshit so that means every store i have been to they all ****ed up? no why cuase it has my ****EN picture on it.
I have been shopping here way before you even became an employee here.
(high turn over rate
(manager) you can leave now.
(me) a blow me, now i know why i wont shop here, bunch of ****en retards.
(employee) you can leave sir.
(me) and **** off i all ready am leaving

so i am for one done with them i will be shopping at pepboys and cheifs and also napa.
so who wants to boycott checker?

this isnt the only problem i have had with them
also i have had them tell me parts do exist or they dont make the engine or this that.
so i thought i make it easy some motor oil and some wax.. guess i was wrong...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think advance auto is owned by the same company too. They're definitely idiots at my local advance auto and after standing at the counter yesterday for about 15mins listening to the idiots all in the back room giggling about something, I just left my stuff there and walked out. I would love to boycott them entirely, but unfortunately mostly everywhere has idiots working there and I don't want to drive for 20min to the nearest autozone and deal with different idiots. I have found that napa is really good, but unfortunately they don't have the selection there. My favorite is pep boys, but the nearest one is 45min away. If you can boycott them, I say go for it. If nothing else at least you'll feel better.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Don't get me started on Advance Auto.

If you are looking for replacement parts and such, look for a place that supplies the local mechanics. NAPA is one such place. I get my replacement parts at Best Auto and they are extremely friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and have better prices than, well, anywhere that I'm aware of. A lot of those places also sell cleaners and stuff, but may or may not have the selection of an AutoZone. But if all you need is cleaner or wax, you really don't need someone behind the counter who is smart.

Basically, that is the long winded version of me saying look for a place that supplies the local mechanics. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not familiar with Kragens or Checkers but I've been boycotting Pep Boys for almost 15 years. Went through 3 alternators (all with different problems) before I got one that worked and the Mgr was a total A$$! My money goes to AutoZone.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Don't get me started on Advance Auto.

If you are looking for replacement parts and such, look for a place that supplies the local mechanics. NAPA is one such place. I get my replacement parts at Best Auto and they are extremely friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and have better prices than, well, anywhere that I'm aware of. A lot of those places also sell cleaners and stuff, but may or may not have the selection of an AutoZone. But if all you need is cleaner or wax, you really don't need someone behind the counter who is smart.

Basically, that is the long winded version of me saying look for a place that supplies the local mechanics. :)
Yeah, thats exactly the way I feel. NAPA is great for replacement part, they were the only place around other than the dealer that carried the coolant I needed for the trep. I try to only go to the big chain stores for wax and bulbs & stuff like that where I don't need to ask any questions. One cool thing though, my local advance just put in a 24hr window so you can get parts in the middle of the night. I can honestly say I've only needed a part after 10PM once and I doubt it will be cost effective for them to pay someone to be there all night, I guess it is an interesting idea.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChicagoTRS said:
to me sounds like you were the prick in this situation...
hey what cani say. ive been working alll day and didnt need her bs. so i used what came natural. and dont forget i also counted 10 and said to my self woooosawwww(badboys2) and still didnt work :)
im not going against your coment what can i say im an ass :gross_06:

·
Registered
566 Posts
well im done with checkers completely, due to the fact some stupid lady asked I.D. even thos my damn picture is on the damn card....i even grab the card from her hand and show a couple of people and asked does this look like me they are like yes.
When I worked at shop rite, 14yrs ago, we were supposed to verify that the persons actual signature matched the signature on the back of the card, almost no one did it, including me. I hated that job, and I hated virutally every person I had to deal with as I stood there waiting for the next customer. I just wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible.

If the company or manager sets policies then the underlings are supposed to follow it, not doing it can result in...termination or being written up, because they make them sign a document saying they were informed about said policy and that failure to adhere to it may result in termination. That's the new way they deal with everything in most retail operations now, you do as we say or you may be fired.

I personally try to avoid most 'service' situations as the people are usually a pain, especially when I go to most auto parts stores and there are highschool aged kids 'working' there. By 'working' I mean hanging out BS'ing with eachother and their friends who have nothing else to do then visit their friend who works at wherever.

I order most of my parts online or go to a couple of 'good' stores where the lazy people don't work. I was surprised at my local autozone, I never go there, the kids that worked there didn't do anything and spent 90% of their time in front of the store bs'ing with their friends and checking out their rice mobiles only to find those people no longer worked there. :banana:

BTW: You could have made a stronger point by just asking her 'what good is id if it doesn't have my picture on it, you know like this card?'

If I was unfortunate enough to have been the manager there and had to deal with you and your behavior I wouldn't have said 'you can leave now', I would have told you to leave and not come back, they are just doing their jobs however dumb it may seem or actually be. What you show as how they treated you is in no way insulting or rude, which is exactly what you were for no good reason.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I've never had a problem with advance. Their stores around here are clean and the people there are very helpful. Napa is still the best.

Autozone, IMHO is the worst. Their stores around here are dumps, they are badily understocked, they never have the parts you need and the service is terrible.

I used to go to Checkers back when I lived in MN, they were okay. some of their dumpy stores were replaced with advance auto, and really cleaned them up.

I've only been to Pep Boys twice, and that was about 4 years ago. There isn't that many around where I live.

Granted, I did buy most of my basic parts from Mills' Fleet Farm back in MN, but that does me no good on the other side of the country :dance2:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Checkers? wtf is that? She wanted to see your ID, big ****in' deal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ryan D. said:
Checkers? wtf is that? She wanted to see your ID, big ****in' deal. :rolleyes:
thats the reason why im pist. i spent the time getting my photo put on the card. i used my bank of america charge card that has your photo on it. so wtf would i have to show id when its just another card with my photo on it?
thats why i got this card so i didnt have to show my damn id everytime

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Checkers, in my town sucks. Every single time I've been in there to ask them something, I just end up standing at the counter forever till I just leave. I think the two guy's that they got working in the back are jacking each other off. And the other parts store that we got is Autozone, which they just plain suck in service, quality of parts, IMO. I go to NAPA mostly, the dealer if NAPA can't get it for me. At least the guy's behide the counter at NAPA seem's to know what they are doing and talking about.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yeah, Napa is pretty much the best parts store here too.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
agree no probs with napa well i am off to the races tonight this will be my frist time racing at the track so i dont know if i will be able to get print outs
http://www.lvms.com/news/strip_news/459421.html i will be there have fun guys im out
I wise you the best at the track. !! Go get'em !!! :auto_07:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i always use Advance Autoparts or Autozone
the local Autozone in Auburn, MA is a bit small, and not the cleanest place in the entire world, but the guys are nice and they are helpful, despite the fact that they are not endless fountains of knowledge on stuff, i at least like the fact that they are nice to me
Advance Auto is nice too, unfortunately they are a bit far away from me in an area where the only cool things are auto parts stores (advance, napa, and CAP all in the same area, but the only other thing round is a walmart)... but theres one guy there who will help you with ANYTHING you need, hes incredibly nice, knows more stuff about cars then you could possibly think of, and will actually go out to your car with you and show you how to install stuff! I go there a lot and i just enjoy seeing him help others, i've learned stuff just from hearing him talk to other people!

there are no Pep Boys around me, and i always find Napa to be too small to meet my needs, they never have what im looking for, and for some reason neither Napa in my area carries Meguiar's products

Consumer Auto Parts is usually good to me too, and they seem to have a lot of random stuff in there that looks like itd be fun to mess around with: ie. Engine lifts for cheap, an engine stand that was on clearance for $50 and would hold 500lbs, plus the people are nice, and they have an EXCELLENT selection of keychains! lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I always go to the checker in my town. the people are friendly, they have the parts i need, and the only time i had an issue was when i needed to return something that i lost the reciept for, so it was my fault. granted, the manager is italian and deosnt speak very good english, but hes a nice, friendly, knowledgable guy. I dont see what the big deal was. you had a ****ing fit when it would have been easier to just take out ur ****ing wallet and showed her your drivers liscense. you acted like a prick and pretty immaturely at that. Not to be an asshole, but im 16 and i would have handled that situation in a more mature way than that. So...
David

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i am back with sad news my fastest time was 17.419
with a r/t of .411 and my speed 81.12
and my fastest speed was 82.40
i will snap shots of the slips of my 4 runs and give you all the info on who was racing who. all this will be done tommorow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts