DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I went through my recipts for various things repaired on my Trep. I was astounded to learn that I have had my front struts replaced twice. Once in 11/2000 and another time in 1/2002. I now have the Trep in AGAIN to have the front two struts replaced. I went to the garage today to check on the progress and the mech. said that he pulled out a bunch of broken pieces of plastic collars? He said it is pretty messed up. WHAT THE ****! How could this happen in a little over a year? Also, I have had the sway bar link pins replaced twice. CV joint and axle. Two different times have had the left inner tie rod replaced. DAMN:mad: :mad:
Maybe I shouldn't of looked through my recipts.

Just wondering how many of you have had stuff fixed more than once.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Well, I only had to take my car in to have non-maintenance work done once... and that was for the speed sensor... so I'd have to say that I've never had to take it in for a repeat problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took it in twice for the BCM, Twice for the inner tie end rods, three times for the bushings but hey I love my car. When it's okay it runs like a charm!!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
No repeats for me. What have I repaired though? Inner tie rods, outer tie rods, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, control arms, crank sensor, MAP sensor, belts, battery, water pump, oil pan, flywheel, and last but certainly not least, a whole new engine. Grand total, too ****ing much.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
In this particular order.. almost too much for me to remember..

Water pump, thermostat, Inner and outer tie rods (all covered under warranty) and misc suspension parts, voluntary tune up since it was running odd, and to prevent the car from having problems later on... Timing belt, serpentine belt, gaskets for intake throttle bodies and intake plenum, cg spark plugs, 7mm silicone "performance" wires, replacement oem air filter, downstream o2 sensor, inner tie rods and bushings...(replacement), pcv and hoses, replacement NGK sparks, Taylor Spiro series 8mm wires (dodge f'd my first ones up.. didnt seat properly, which caused gap in plug/wire #5 and destroyed them over time.. carbon scoring etc)EGR valve, Crankshaft sensor.

And well, I'm sure there will be plenty else, but all in all.. I absolutely love the look of my car, and how it drives when it;'s all up to par.. :D Call me crazy, because I apparently am. :D

EDIT: I knew I forgot something..... I also had to replace a dead battery. Oh, and a turn signal light on the right. My original super white APC one burned out.. :D I know there has to be something else.. too .. but I forget..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hmmm, Let's see, 98 SE, 116,800 miles, it has had the drivers door window motor replaced, a couple sets of tires, one set of brake pads. That's it!!!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess my car was manufactured on a Friday and finished on a Monday:tongue:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well lets see! Where do I start. First had the brakes and rotors done in the first part of 2002 then in the fall and amd going to do again. Innertierod bushing, input output sensors,tcm strut plates,trs (trans range sensor for autostick)fuel filter,all belts map sensor tps sensor, egr valve,rackand pinion unit,powersteering pump,twice replaced plugs and wires,thermostat,andcrankshaft front main seal, both cam seals, o-rings behind the water pump, water pump,valve cover gaskets, HMM that is all I can think of lol That is not much!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
TREPID 2XIST said:
Well lets see! Where do I start. First had the brakes and rotors done in the first part of 2002 then in the fall and amd going to do again. Innertierod bushing, input output sensors,tcm strut plates,trs (trans range sensor for autostick)fuel filter,all belts map sensor tps sensor, egr valve,rackand pinion unit,powersteering pump,twice replaced plugs and wires,thermostat,andcrankshaft front main seal, both cam seals, o-rings behind the water pump, water pump,valve cover gaskets, HMM that is all I can think of lol That is not much!!

Not bad for a Chrysler.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
tensioner pully
lugstuds-3 times
front struts
cv shafts
tierods-twice.
front fenders
front bumper.
intake manifold gasket
head gaskets
total- around 1800 bucks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right front and back passenger doors, rear bumper
Tie rod ends
Water pump
Pads and rotors
Replaced both tranny cooler lines
Fuel, air filter, belts

Now I have to replace the P/S steering pump as it is leaking, replace the EGR (that can wait), oh yeah and I have a damn hole in my muffler. Oh well, at least I can do all that stuff myself (except the muffler).

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Major:
-driver side seat back broke (looks like it is now being recalled)

Minor:
-emblem replaced
-light switch broke
Oh yeah.

Total = $50.

But since the seat has a recall, if the repair they did was the same as what the recall states, than I should get that $50 back.

So......

Total = $0

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Drivers side power window motor replaced, headlight switch replaced, and thats really it as far as I remember. So yeah, nothing repeated.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
transmission destroyed, all new tie rods and front end alignment (god knows what else they threw in that wasnt necessary and charged me for), and now i have a slight squeak in the belts.

not bad considering i have a 96 with 125,000 miles on it now and i got it when it had close to 105,000. I also found out that my car was once a rental which means it prolly took some abuse. Not bad though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bought a '93 ES used from a dealership, with just over 77K miles on it, August 2000. Since then, as I look through the receipts, for these reasons it has made extended visits to the shop:

1) Sixty miles after purchase, Idle Air Control fails; car starts but engine sputters out. Replaced a power window switch and door latch/lock while it was in.
2) September, an ignition coil goes out. (Had I not recognized the symptoms from experience with my last car, I mighta thrown in the towel here.) That plus replacing plugs and corroded ignition wires.
3) Later in September, I take it in to check brakes - car pulls to one side under braking - and a CV joint sounds bad. Well, apparently the LF brake caliper had been reassembled improperly last time it was worked on, and the pad was contacting the rotor at a considerable angle, excess wear resulting, etc. New brake pads, plus replacing a CV-driveshaft assembly.
4) Now February 2001. Find that a rear "lateral link" (something like a sway bar, I don't recall) is broken, and steering issues result in the entire rack + bushings + inner tie rods being replaced. Oh, and transmission coolant lines which were leaking.
5) March 2001. Replace EGR valve. Three hundred fifty clams for a ****ing valve assembly.
6) January 2002, Trep appears to be leaking oil. Without identifying for myself where from, I guess I was asking for it - three leaks found, resulting in replacing tranny fluid pump, camshaft plate seal and valve cover gasket. Plus another damaged half-shaft.
7) May 2002, and you can't live long in Oklahoma summers without AC. Which it suddenly appears the Trep no longer has. Takes them two weeks to decide the evaporator core needs replaced.
8) By July 2002, however, AC gone again. High pressure transducer broke. Three hundred bucks for a piece of solid state ****ing electronics.

This is of course neglecting "consumables", including new tires, and the power antenna I replaced myself. Nor the gas shock hood supports and cup holder which I've yet to deal with. (For now I just prop the hood up with a broom. That's fifty dollars worth of problem-solving right there. ;-) )

Not that I'm complaining. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, faults and all. 110K miles and counting...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts