DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
qp_20 said:
Canada and America might as well be part of the same country. Economically I am sure that both countries are tied very closely together. And you sig would suggest that you have interest in our politics, LOL
I really couldn't care less about politics, well that said it really worries me what's going to happen with all this hostility going around....it's gonna explode with something like a next world war or something that'll wipe out a good share of us. Too much power directed by a brain that doesn't have a peace concept. :dunno:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've seen that before. The show 'Talking to Americans' was the funniest show on TV, I don't know how many different episodes they had? :) I'm surprised actually that CBC let them broadcast it......kinda offensive to US citizens. The governer of Arkansas is an idiot btw, so is the governer of Iowa, I saw Bush being an idiot a mile away :p

.......and Toronto, Ontario is the obvious choice for capital city of Canada

Why the hell can I list off most US state capitals anyways?

·
Registered
467 Posts
no, it's because they hammered that into you in US History. :D

canada
virgin islands
iraq
afghanistan
puerto rico

need I go on? they're all our colonies :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
95PGTTech said:
no, it's because they hammered that into you in US History. :D

canada
virgin islands
iraq
afghanistan
puerto rico

need I go on? they're all our colonies :)
Dude get your facts straight Canada and US were and probably still are to a certain point colonies of Great Britain !!

·
Registered
467 Posts
qp_20 said:
A lot of countries had, and still close ties to the UK. I wasn't trying to offend anybody. All I was tyring to imply is that the US and Canada are so close that it is like being part of the same country.
I agree completely that we are basically one in the same, I don't understand his comment about how US and Canada are colonies of the United Kingdom.

:smilie_ko

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
95PGTTech said:
I agree completely that we are basically one in the same, I don't understand his comment about how US and Canada are colonies of the United Kingdom.

:smilie_ko
Then you should read more of the US history so you understand.
You implied that Canada, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico etc were all your colonies meaning US colonies wich is incorrect !!

Originally Posted by 95PGTTech
no, it's because they hammered that into you in US History.

canada
virgin islands
iraq
afghanistan ???????? How is that a US colony ????
puerto rico

need I go on? they're all our colonies

·
Registered
467 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Then you should read more of the US history so you understand.
You implied that Canada, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico etc were all your colonies meaning US colonies wich is incorrect !!
Ummm...I see what I wrote. Considering we have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and what we say goes, how is that so hard to understand?

as stated above, when the United States jumps, Canada jumps.

The Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are officially U.S. Territories.

So what I'm wondering is how you got the United Kingdom analogy from that. Yes, at one point we were at British colony, but I seem to remember us getting tired of that pretty quickly. What influence does the United Kingdom have on what we decide to do now? :icon_smil

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
95PGTTech said:
Ummm...I see what I wrote. Considering we have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and what we say goes, how is that so hard to understand?

as stated above, when the United States jumps, Canada jumps.

The Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are officially U.S. Territories.

So what I'm wondering is how you got the United Kingdom analogy from that. Yes, at one point we were at British colony, but I seem to remember us getting tired of that pretty quickly. What influence does the United Kingdom have on what we decide to do now? :icon_smil
Hehe you'd be surprised of the influence of GB in world politics bud. Bush probably wouldn't have dared do what he's doing without the backing of GB.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts