DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
It probably does not wear too much, unless it visably leaves tires marks, smoke, or a strong smell.

If the street is wet, I would think almost nothing happens, as there is not much friction.

Easy way to tell is just compare your rear and front tires.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
On Intrepids, I wouldn't worry about it. If you had car that could actually keep the tires spinning at ease, then I'd worry about it.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yeah, one of my 2 cars can spin the tires EASILY..........and it's not the Intrepid :p

Don't worry about spinning the tires on your Intrepid..........and if you can, they're probably cheap tires anyways.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
I "peel-out" more than the normal guy i'd say. Sometimes for fun, sometimes i'm pissed at some guy who cut me off or something.. .

I should go take a pic of my tire treads. Their pretty ugly :D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Trust me, my 20" 255 width BFG G-Force tires do NOT spin. I spun the stock Michelin crappy tires quite nicely......but can't spin these :(

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How much performance do those monsters take away anways, Avenger?

I'll assume your 15.594 run was made on stock wheels?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just rotate the fronts to the back once a year or so and it'll even out. The drives always wear more anyway because of the extra strain of accelerating the car, (and steering on a FWD).

If you do enough burnouts to worry about the tires I'd be more conserned about the tranny taking a crap... :icon_conf

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I go thru a set(2) of Michelin HydroEdges every 2 years or so with my chirping habbits :p
I rotate them once a year.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i guess road conditions matter too.... LOL...

My friend always burns out in his van HEHE.... i guess its soo heavy he can actually keep them spinning. But my trep will just make a chirp on normal roads and then be on its way.

I did notice the edge thread kinda rising up on the stock michelins...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd be more concerned about doing damage to the transmission components on an Intrepid than I would about tire wear. If you beat up an Intrepid, it will beat you back. Generally in the wallet.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Haha, 3 Ontario posts in a row....well, now 4...

As Canucks, we must love the smell of burnt rubber LOL!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I can 'light up" the tires on my Civic just by reving the engine and popping the clutch....but like I grew up years ago.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
boltuprite said:
I can 'light up" the tires on my Civic just by reving the engine and popping the clutch....but like I grew up years ago.
My Laser is the EXACT opposite.........I can only light up the tires after I'm already in gear and giving it gas. It'll light em up like that in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I need water on the ground to do it in 4th, and snow on the ground to do it in 5th :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts