DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've seen this video before, and I would recommend that anyone that maintains their vehicle should watch this video. My dad, my cousin, and myself have all purchased tires within the last year. Out of the 12 tires we have, the oldest is a pair made in the 15th week of 2007, so I guess we all got lucky.

I'd like to add to the safety info posted above, tire-shine products usually have silicone in them. Silicone degrades rubber elasticity which shortens the tire life. Using these products once a year likely won't pose a problem, but if you're spraying/rubbing this stuff on there once a month or every couple of weeks, it's a different story.

Edit: Thanks for the post Scarface

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Interesting vid. Im going to be checking alot of tires now for the date code. Did anyone else notice all the wrecked vehicles in that warehouse were Ford Explorers? Wonder if they got an old batch of tires on a production run.

Mine are all 23rd week of 06, I checked my dads truck and his are all 40th week of 02..he bought them around then though, and they are bald.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts