DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im really confused i wanna do a burn out with my intrepid at skool but i dont know the proper method without it being a hassle on the transmission and stuff. can some1 tell me the easiest and safest way to do it. i have 2 15inch subs in my car and i need to show the trep off a bit by doing a burn out :p

thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well not to be negative but.....Don't even bother trying, you are just going to prove how young you are and embarrass yourself and your intrepid.

With that said, I think your best bet for making smoke would be to lock on the e-brake. (I don't recommend this in any way but with a 3.3 trep I can't think of anything smarter)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i seen a video of a guy doing it in a white 1st gen intrepid but i cant remember his username. im have a new set of wheels and im gonna cream these ones i just wanna find out how to do burnouts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
With the weakness of our transmissions in mind I havn't done this since But when I was in high school I did a few burnouts using the good ol neutral drop technique. Basically, put it in neutral rev it up then slam it into drive while on the gas, if it works you will definately break loose unfortunately my parking brake doesn't work so be sure to keep a path open ahead of you, wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Now, with that said I'll add my disclaimer, if you decide to do something stupid its not my fault, and if you break your car I'm going to laugh my butt off!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the way i know how to do it, we did it in a friends car his car has the same tranny as the intrepid. Lock the e break, put it in low and floor it, but we had some water on the ground.. you could always just have it in nutral and only rev it to like 2 grand or so then drop it back in low and floor it but, yeah i wouldn't do it at school if u wanna cream ur tires just go by ur self and maybe a friend out on an old paved road and just burn the sh!t out of them like i'm gonna do with my doughnut tires when i get my license.. If you do it at school your gonna get called an hard ass and if u mess up then it's gonna be horably imbarrasing.. If you wanna show some people that the trep has some power race some people at the track or if u want on the street but i dont recamend it..

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would not encourage any burnouts with the Intrepid, they are capable, but the transmission will not like it. The best way to do a burnout is with a RWD car. I did it all the time with my old 307 cutl-ass supreme. I'd throw in in reverse, floor it and then throw it in 1st.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is sadly the intrepids last year i hope it can get me thru it cuz in the winter the car will not go in reverse it takes 20 minutes to warm up and it doesnt take gears properly the speed will max out to about 120km/h

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Matt86 said:
I would not encourage any burnouts with the Intrepid, they are capable, but the transmission will not like it. The best way to do a burnout is with a RWD car.
I would agree not to do it in the Intrepid.

RWD Car or Truck. :biggrin:

Doing a burn out at school? Why? Especially when it's in session (ie: during the school year) could land you a suspension for "wreckless driving" and whatever else they deem that to be.

·
Registered
531 Posts
albaniav3 said:
hey im really confused i wanna do a burn out with my intrepid at skool but i dont know the proper method without it being a hassle on the transmission and stuff. can some1 tell me the easiest and safest way to do it. i have 2 15inch subs in my car and i need to show the trep off a bit by doing a burn out :p

thanks
Don't embarrass yourself - anyone who would be impressed by that isn't worth your time anyhow. Put yourself above that - or else maybe you should get a ricebox instead to pound on. Meant in the nicest possible way....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Even better do it at school with everyone watching. It will be most memoriable when you drop the tranny infront of everyone and are remeber as the guy who dropped his tranny trying to do a smoke show in a family sedan. In my book thats better then a good smoke show

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i burn out in my 3.3 all the damn time. since last october. it works if your turning a little.just floor it while turning.... i get a nice burnout that way. try to find smooth pavement. wet floor is better. the neural drop is hardddd on the tranny and i dont reccommend it 2 much. if u are on a sight incline rollig back a few mph ,then floor it. burning rubber smell is so good in the morning.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
albaniav3 said:
hey im really confused i wanna do a burn out with my intrepid at skool but i dont know the proper method...
Do us all a favor: get off the computer, go to a classroom, open up a book, and get yourself an education. Come back and post again when your ideas are a bit more intelligent.

·
Registered
407 Posts
neutral dropping, drifting back in reverse, then neutral dropping will be the #1 way to kill your trans, its TOTAL neglect towards it

but if you persist on doing a burnout i can give you a few tips to help encourage it, first, pump up the front tires to thier maximum pressures, its either 35, or 44psi, then actully drop the rears to about 28psi to help hold the car when the e-brake is on, then try to find a slight incline (with the car facing up) to also help into hold it in place, if you absolutly insist, dump a little bleach on the tires (tho i'm against smoke 'enhancers', well mainly cuz i've never needed one!!!) make sure the car is fully warmed up (most power & it won't be hard on the motor) apply E-brake, put it in neutral, rev it up a few times to clear the plugs & to get peoples attention, wait!! for the engine to idle down, put it in low (1st) floor it! & symoltaniously cycle the steering wheel back & forth to help break the traction, if it spins, let up on the gas a little so it doesn't hit redline & try to shift, just keep it right around 4000rpms in first gear

& if you wanna drag it out, drop the E-brake, & slowly re-floor the gas pedal, it should drag 'em about 20feet or more, then it'll hook

but be warned, MOST likely it'll be a one-wheel peel, & that will also destroy your trans, because the spider gears will be forced to spin on the pin, at a high speed, for a long period of time, & eventully chew it up & spit it out!! i've gone thru 2 trannies that did this, but the first one to go with that scenario, was never burned out on, maybe a little one wheel fun in the snow trying to move (this was back when my mother owned it), my last tranny blew, a mopar reman unit, because several times, i'll carry 3 gear for about a 1/4 mile down the road in the rain, & that was all one wheel, well mostly

-greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, My 94 3.3 concorde love burning out in the wet weather. That being said, its pretty hard to do it other wise

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.