DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. A friend of mine has an '04 Sebring he is trying to change the spark plugs on. It's a 2.7L and the setup is exactly the same as the Trep only rotated 90 degrees. Obviously this means 3 of the plugs are under that ledge that the windshield wipers are on. There is hardly any space between the ledge and the coil packs. It looks like even if I take the plenum off the top of the engine there still won't be enough room for a socket to go down, nevermind an extention. Does this mean the engine has to be tipped to get at the back ones? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You might ask a dealer mechanic if you know one who won't blow you off. I don't know why people don't look at these things when they buy a car. I remember looking at a '96 Cirrus v-6 and saw the same problem. I went out in the shop and talked to a mechanic, and he said you had to pull the intake manifold to get at the rear plugs. Maybe there's an easier way, but there's no easy way. Needless to say, I passed on that and got the '96 intrepid with that beautifully easy to service 3.3.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My dad's Sienna had to have the intake manifold removed to change plugs! Took 4 hours to change the back 3 plugs + a new intake manifold gasket.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My daughter 97 Sebring convert requires removal of the intake to get to the back plugs. Nice cars but their a bit of a pain to work on.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I know that on the 2.5L you have to remove the plenum. I think that you can remove the strut brace and get to them. For those of you that don't know these cars, IMO the engineers said, "How can we make the Intrepid even HARDER to work on?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts