DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here show me step by step how to change these? What tools i'll need? I don't want to go somewhere to get it done since i dont have time to leave my car somewhere, so id rather find time for me to do it. Also, any suggestions to which spark plugs i should get. I have a 02 sxt with a 3.5 h.o

Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I don't have a step by step, but its super easy on this engine. Unscrew the coil packs from the top and pull them out. Unscrew the spark plugs, I don't remember what size socket for that one though. Then I used one of those grabber things with the four little metal arms at the end for picking stuff up to pull the spark plugs out. Then just do the reverse procedure.

There has been tons of debate on spark plugs but the NGK platinums seem to be the consensus opinion now on the way to go. I've still got my bosch +4s that I decided to give a shot but when they're life is up I plan on going to the NGKs.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
spark plug socket (I think it's 5/8 with a rubber boot to hold the plug when removing)
ratchet extension (over 6 inches)
socket to remove the bolts holding the coils (forgot the size)
spark plugs ( OEM champions or NGK equivilent)
antisieze.
gap tool

pretty straight forward. Take the old ones out put the new ones in. Oh make sure you check the gap. There should be a sticker with the specs next to the hood latch.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
Dont forget the torx bit to remove the coil packs. T25 IIRC. My opinion on spark plugs is Champions till 02, then NGKs 02-04.

·
Premium Member
18,390 Posts
Dont forget the torx bit to remove the coil packs. T25 IIRC. My opinion on spark plugs is Champions till 02, then NGKs 02-04.
On some of our cars, it takes a T-25, on others a T-27. Not sure if it varies by year or if it is strictly a 2.7 vs. 3.2/3.5 thing.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
On some of our cars, it takes a T-25, on others a T-27. Not sure if it varies by year or if it is strictly a 2.7 vs. 3.2/3.5 thing.
Cant remember on that one. Early ones were 8mm bolts on 3.2/5 before they went to the torx, 98-99.5 ish...like the 2.7's have always been.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.