DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to I clean my LCD Screen monitor, I think its LCD, I know that when I push on it it makes a nice looking blob. I used windex on one once, not a good idea, left water inside it. I know I need to use alcohol of some sort but IM worried on damaging it.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Did a quick search online. . .

http://store.earthlcd.com/s.nl/sc.10/category.-110/it.I/id.168/.f

FAQ's ~ How To Clean LCD Screen?

Q. - What are acceptable cleaning agents for cleaning my LCD Screen?
A. -
• Water
• Vinegar (mixed with water)
• Isopropyl Alcohol
• Petroleum Benzene

Q. - What are some of the basic supplies needed to clean an LCD Screen?
A. -
• Always use a soft cotton cloth. Some materials, such as paper towels or old rags could cause scratches and damage the LCD screen.
• Computer wipes. Only use these if they specifically state on the package they are designed for LCD laptop screens.

Q. - What are proper cleaning techniques?
A. -
• Do not spray any liquids on the LCD screen directly. Always apply the solution to your cloth first, not directly to the parts you are cleaning.
• Stroke the cloth across the display in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom.

Q. - What are Unacceptable Cleaners?
A. -
• Acetone
• Ethyl alcohol
• Ethyl acid
• Ammonia
• Methyl chloride

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Go to Staples, Officemax or even Target. You can buy pre-moistened wipes specifically for cleaning screens. Usually in the computer accesories dept.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
DodgeyAussie said:
Go to Staples, Officemax or even Target. You can buy pre-moistened wipes specifically for cleaning screens. Usually in the computer accesories dept.
Just make sure that they say specifically that they are for LCD screens. Cause some premoistened wipes are only for CRT monitors so they are essentially glass cleaners and so you will have the same problem you did using Windex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts