DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,,

I'm working on my daughter's 96 LHS. I replaced the rear calipers, pad, inspected the rotors, everything looked/went great. I figured while I had the rear wheels off, I'd take a look at the e-brake pads. One side was in decent shape, but the other was virtually worn away. I started in to replace both sides, made sense to do it that way, and the rear passenger side went in without a hitch, of course, there's plenty of shielding still on the knuckle. The rear driver's side was a different story - real rough shape. The retainer pin and clip had broken away from the disc shield because it had rusted away so badly. I tried some make-shift solutions to try to hold the shoes in place to what was left of the material, but after a couple of experiments, the replacement pin and clip came away from that as well. I'm thinking at this point, I'm going to have to replace the shield to give the brake shoes something to secure to. I started looking around, and I haven't been able to find this part anywhere. Does anyone have any hints or sources where I could get this part?

I found a picture of the assembly here at Intrepid.net:

"img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/twister55/intrepid/brakehub.jpg"

It's part of the "How to" for the Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement Guide:

"www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84484"

(Sorry, only allowed to post URLs after 5 posts...)

The car still has a lot of life left in it; it has under 83K on it! I'd hate to have to turn around and dump it. Anyway, please let me know what you folks think. Thanks.

Elliott

·
Registered
460 Posts
yeah, i was planning to replace the parking brake parts, but the 'disc shield' housing has rotted out completely. Junk-yard is best option these days? ..

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
If you want a new one instead of a junk yard one the shield here's the OEM part# that you can take to you dealer to see if you can still get one:

Part # 4728110 SHIELD, Rear Disc Brake MSRP: $127

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.