DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
A trick I did was....

Push the switch for the lights far left until it goes no more [The off position], then give it a slight bit of elbow grease and youll hear a snapping sound. At this point, you have the automatic light switch. I did it on my M, so I can attest to that car only. Dont know about yours, but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
A trick I did was....

Push the switch for the lights far left until it goes no more [The off position], then give it a slight bit of elbow grease and youll hear a snapping sound. At this point, you have the automatic light switch. I did it on my M, so I can attest to that car only. Dont know about yours, but its worth a shot.
So you mean to turn it where ( visibly ) it's not suppose to go? That would be something Chrysler would do to us. I take it from the how-to thread that if you have a blinky red light on your dash, you automatically have a sun-sensor??

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I tried on my 2nd gen, didn't want to move, so I didn't force it to. I did notice I do have a sun sensor though...guess it's back to the u-pull for a " A " light switch. Hope that wire is already connected, don't want to pull the dash apart again.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Definitely wont work on 1st gen.

But I know in my M, and I also read on a 'trep that it works. I dont want you to go and break the darned thing, do it at your own risk. But I know when I did it, it didnt budge so I really did have to give it some force. Not to the point where you turn red though.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
OMG maybe something like that happened this morning!

I have disconnected DRLs, so I turned on my car to warm it up this morning, and I put the parking lights/fogs on. I went into my house to grab my laptop and phone, and when I came back, the lows were on but they went off as I walked closer to the car.

I'm really confused haha. I thought I was just seeing things.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I went to the u-pull and tried heaving on a couple, I couldn't get them to budge backwards. Didn't find a switch either, must be one of those Chrysler rarities. Oh well, back to TFC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts