DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do i need, and how do i do it? lol

I got a 96 3.3L
And whats this i've been hearing about talking out a part i think it was a resistor or something?

and i'm only 18 so help me out!!

thanks

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Being 18 is no excuse! I bought my '96 when I was 17 and I've done all the work on it myself. The intake you speak of is cake, if you get the honda civic intake made by spectre that they sell at autozone then take out the stock airbox and accordian tube (everything before the throttle body) and install the intake kit. Take a browse through the gallery and there are plenty of pics and I have a few in my sig links too. For the breather on the valve cover you can either put a little filter on it like I did or run a tube to the new intake, the spectre has a port for it. This should at least get you started. btw, the search button is your friend, all of this info has been covered before ...repeatedly. Any more Q's feel free to ask.

·
Registered
995 Posts
try napa or something close to that(parts plus-lordco) and ask for a early 90's civic short ram intake. You may have to trim it abit to fit right. As for the vent hose to the old intake you can either extend it out or by a small breather cap. its a really easy thing to do so don't freet over it.
here's the final product.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah it seems easy but you guys are talking to me who has no clue about anything lol, SO when i get this early 90's civic ram intake whats the next step? btw it looks wicked, how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I think I walked out the door at autozone $60 lighter.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when i go to get the thing, what am i looking for?? whats the one you have in your car? and how long did it take u to install?

p.s what did you notice diffrent? Sound? Peformance?

·
Registered
995 Posts
once you have it in your hand simply remove the factory air box, u'll need a torx bit for the screws. remove the clamp on the tube on the throttle body. Install new intake. it would be wise to support the filter with a strap so it doesn't flop around, as in my pic. As for sound difference yes, performance yes but not a drastic increase, hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
not sure on the 3.3's, but I had to pick up the rubber couple that was sitting on the shelf near it to fit the 3.5 right

·
Registered
299 Posts
when i did my intake on my 3.5 it made a sound difference...when i would get on it the engine would sound deeper, i would make u a video of me installing it but im packing for a trip

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
quit asking so many questions, go to the store, and pull the trigger!!

Seriously man, an intake is the most simple thing in the world and the more questions you ask, the more confused you're going to get.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
whats an intake?

·
Registered
931 Posts
ryan your kidding me right? you've got one under your freaking hood. you seriously don't know what it is?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
you're killin' me ryan, lol

BTW Spaz, he's kidding

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Apcsox said:

BTW Spaz, he's kidding
lol thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ryan D. said:
Apcsox said:

BTW Spaz, he's kidding

lol thank you
lol thank you
I have to admit, I blinked at least twice while I was checking your post count :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts