DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know how to put tvs in the head rest. i have some headrest to experiment with. i wanna know step by step. kinda jumpin the gun on this cause i don't even have any tvs. either ima gets some 3 12's and an amp or 2 tvs in the headrest. i am aiming for the aiming rest.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Alright here we go.. take notes...

First i want to ask if you by chance have a ES with dark slate leather. If so i have two head rests already cut for LCDs. i had Them then i sold the LCDs.
but anyway....

you want to first start off with taking off the head rests and finding the spot in your head rest you want your screens (obviously centered). Place your housing on the head rest and draw a line around the back of the housing.

now cut from corner to corner.

peel the cloth or leather back and start to take out the foam.

now your going to have to cut away some of the cloth like shown.

once you have the right amount of foam out put your bracket in the head rest and secure the braket. you can use screws like shown but i prefer zip ties.

put your LCD in and your screens are ready to be put back on the seat.

BBLLAWW your done.

i don't have any pics of the wiring so you wil have to follow very carefully...

The A/V cable gets run from the LCD Monitor to the video source. One end of the A/V cable has a DIN connector that plugs into the short A/V cable that comes out of the LCD Monitor. The other end has RCA connectors for left/right audio and video that will connect to the DVD,VCR or game. The video input may be located on a small junction box attached to the A/V cable. Depending on the application and monitor the audio cables may not be used. The red and black power wires in the A/V cable get connected to a switched 12 volt source. You may want to add a connector for the power leads if your seat is removeable.

Since i have written this up, I've made this post into a how to.

Reactions: Bimmer_2002

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
You should probably make that into some sort of How-To to be placed in the How-To section on this forum.. I'm sure some people could really use that.

·
Registered
884 Posts
NoLedge said:
thats probally one of the best descriptions I've seen for that install
Thanks, I install them a lot.

Justin said:
You should probably make that into some sort of How-To to be placed in the How-To section on this forum.. I'm sure some people could really use that.
platnumedition98 said:
Since i have written this up, I've made this post into a how to.
already have good buddy

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have just added the wiring write up as well.

your welcome.

Here is just a few i have done.
These are the same screens but i painted them tan to match the interior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts