DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 lhs, how do i get the door panel off? (I need to replace the power lock/door latch assy.)

I see the 4 screws in the door panel (1 on the left upper edge, 1 on the right upper edge, 1 behind in the door pull handle area and 1 behind the door opener.) but when i get those 4 out, nothing else wants to come part. what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm not familiar with the first gens, but do you have three or four screws on the underside of the door panel your missing? If I remember correctly on my door panel (2nd gen), it has three on the bottom, two on the open end of the door, two behind my door pillar speakers, one behind the handle latch, and one in the hand pull part of the door.

Then it just a matter of pulling along the panel to remove it. Watch however for the power wires for the window and locks, as well as the latch bar that releases the lock are attached to the panel back. Hopefully this is of help, like I said, not sure how the first geners are set up. Good luck!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for the advice and I did manage to get the door panel off. If anyone else needs to take their door panels off their LHS, There are 4 exposed screws (one on the front upper edge of the panel, one on the rear upper edge, one behind the door closer handle thingy, and one in the door latch release) and then there are 2 screws behind the infiniti speaker grill. I removed them all and then kinda popped the door panel up and out.

Once i got it out, i was able to easily replace my door lock/latch assy with a junkyard replacement. (10 bux). It works great and now all my door locks work like new.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its just pushed in there however it is pushed in from the rear of the door panel. In otherwords, the speaker grill has a hooked end on it that you put in the door panel then you just push the rest of ity into place, so when you want to pull the grill out, you need to kinda pull on it (grab it) from the front edge of the grill, (the edge closest to the door hinge) and then pull it out.

·
9,861 Posts
Wedge a small standard screw driver inbetween the door and the grill at the bottom. Then pry upwards gently. When it pops out enough, gently pop the rest of it out.

There is a screw behind the grill. You should take out and unplug the speaker anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts